cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

New Format - Reporting not available past 50 campaigns?

New Format - Reporting not available past 50 campaigns?

In the new format, it appears that only the last 50 campaigns are in the Reporting tab and exportable. Am I missing something to make more show up? This will be very problematic from an analytics standpoint. Our last 50 campaigns only go back two months. I relied on this feature for reporting to bosses, our Board of Directors, etc. for the previous year.
35 Comments
Regular Visitor
Reporting now only allows me to look at the past 50 sent eblasts. I send out about 180 per month and run reports the end of each month. I know you now keep eblast up to 180 dates which is find but I should be able to report on 180 days back. PLease add a date range in reporting. P.S I love the new search by name feature thank you.
Established Member

One more loss of useful functionality and data. It's kinda funny that this message allows emojis but our outgoing subject lines do not support simple ascii. Are we any closer to support of responsive template code so that the very limited available report data from our last 50 emails (less than 2 months worth) reflects in the open rates you will give us? Some people opened it on a phone, but we can't do a media query. Very Useful. What about our customer history? Our total opens, our total clicks? This is information that our clients require that is no longer available!

How can I access emails further back than the last 50?

Lets go back to the old platofrm where we can see our historic email statistics. There is nothing we can do with only the last 50 days. You're USP is reporting - and now it's gone....

Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Occasional Contributor

100% agree with this. It makes my reporting a real struggle! We also lost the spam report and forwards number on this, big big issue!

My company really needs to be able to easily access more than just our last 50 emails. Please let us access all of them or at least the last 100 or 150!

The "Reporting" analytics aren't helpful. Please give us an option to select not only the date range of emails we want analytics on but the number of emails we want. I had to go through and manually click through all my emails from the last year to get analytics. It took hours, when it could've taken a few minutes. Thank you. 

I used to be able to run reports on more than 50 campaigns. I did 146 campaigns last year, and I need to report on them in one shot. Thanks to a change made by someone who clearly doesn't care about users I can now only do 50 at once. Great job guys. You made your product worse. Here's a tip: giving users fewer options and less control is always a bad idea
Solution Provider

Hello,

Newbie question.

I'm trying to see individual contact results, such as, be able to query Account = Ford, and see all the Contacts at Ford and each contact's email activity, i.e., opens, clicks, etc.

Is there a utility or appliction someone has built to do this simple task?  I would think many people would be looking for this feature.

Kind regards,

Sasha Froyland

Ridiculous...

The Fact that the reporting tab can only view the last 50 e-mails is extremely limiting to examining long term trends. I will have to spend several hours clicking on campaigns and transcribing information to columns manually. As our company grows and reporting becomes more important, Constant Contact may not be able to meet our needs.
Regular Visitor

Please reinstate the industry standards comparisons also!  Something the Board can understand and which without makes my job more difficult. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So... not only does it only display the last 50 emails, the stats are not right.  Download the csv so you have it to refer to.  Then open several randomly selected emails to see the actual statistics. At least on our account, the open# in the csv is less than what the actual statistics on the email record say.
In the old CC, we could refresh the statistics on an email-by-email basis on one page, which at least meant I could get a clean and up-to-date complete report.  (It boggles the mind that the just-opened report was not accurate!!!)  Not sure how to do that simply here in the new UI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

More exciting observations!

The new download conveniently (NOT) puts the day of the week, the date, and the time all into one TEXT field that somehow has to be parsed out in order to make sorting possible.  As it is, the only sort is alphabetical, which is quite useless.

And to make all of this even more fun, if you are logged in and click on the help button to come over here to the forum, you have to log in again!   Never mind that you entered from a logged-in status.

Please increase in reporting history to 100 !!
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
I can see where/how to generate a report of stats on the last 50 campaigns generated through our account. However, I want to isolate one specific campaign that dates back farther than that, and cannot do so - I can get results for any messages from the campaign that fall within that pool of 50, but have to manually collect the remaining results (24 messages). An improved reporting functionality would be really helpful - more ability to filter and customize reporting results.
Established Member

Yes I agree with JonL67!! I'd like to be able to see how many customers are opening our emails over a 12-week period and as it stands now i'd have to spend hours on it.

Occasional Advisor

Moderators, are there any plans to correct this? I see no positive feedback about the change you made, only major complaints.

I am preparing reports for a Board of Directors meeting next week. Since I don't have hours to click through emails and compile for the past year, I'll be leaving this off the report -- making your product less important to our association.

When New Years rolls around, I'll be shopping for a new email marketing product.

Frequent Visitor
There is no way to compare this year's campaign vs what happened this time last year.
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Regular Visitor

I also have a problem with the 50 limit. I have to do a monthly billing report and I have 2 customers that do more than 50 campaigns in a month. It has made it very difficult to do my billing now. I would like to see at least 100 so I can get a whole months campaigns in my reports. I now have to remember to run a report every 2 weeks to get them all.

Having reporting capability for 12 months is completely necessary and will put you in the same league as your competitors. In today's age reporting capabilities are extremely important and when a person needs to pull information and it's not there, it's not the best use of someones time to go into each sent email one, by one to retrieve that information. Reporting capabilities for A LOT more than 50 campaigns is a well needed feature.
All Star
We used to be able to download reports of more than the last 50 emails sent. We have a paid subscription to Constant Contact so we can send many emails, and we are required to track these emails when we report on our grant-funded activities. How can we access reports on emails sent in the last 7 months, which is many more than 50 emails? Thank you! Danielle
I think it is quite annoying to only offer reporting on the last 50 campaigns. Just to give you a picture of how much we use CC, that gives us 3 weeks of data. To not be able to look at the year and see trends or growth is crazy!
Occasional Contributor
50 campaigns takes me back just 6 weeks. I did things two months ago, that I'm considering repeating now, and I'd like to know which techniques worked best the, but those results are no longer readily available to me. I'd like more than 50 campaigns available in the reporting tab.
Established Member

This is a HUGE issue! Your paying costumers rely on this reporting tool and you make it less useful!? We can't do anything reporting only the last 50 campaigns. Your support staff was not helpful in offering solutions and recommended I suggest you add this feature when you removed it without warning in the first place, making your product less user friendly and less competitive. We will certainly expedite our search for a different email marketing platform.

Occasional Contributor

Hello? Bueller? Will we ever get a response to this?

I - and apparently HUNDREDS of other users -  need more than the last 50 email reports.  The best idea would be to give us access to the data from the last 180 days, and let us select which campaingns to export. Or heck, just export them all and we can figure it out.

You do understand that  you are losing clients over this, right?

Would like to go back at least three months with regards to reporting.
Until you changed the Reporting (in the last 5 days) I had access to our campaign sent on 3 Feb 2016 for which prospects are STILL viewing the Press Release. Your NEW reports LIMIT the viewing to the LAST 50 campaigns (which happens to cut off on 13 Feb 2016). This LOSS of visibility is CRITICAL to our sales campaign management as we are continuing to receive hits on press releases that we need to action. PLEASE expand your reporting to Last 50/100/150. Ian Edwards iedwards@openspatial.com +612 9904 7077
All Star
I would like to see a graph that tallies unsub reasons. Why on earth can I only go back 50 emails? What about periods of time? The beginning of time? Useless. Where are they industry average numbers you used to have before? Where are the overall open rate numbers you used to have for 1 month, 3 month? You're not only still missing things I want, but you've somehow made the analytics worse than before.
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Thank you everyone for the great feedback!

We have now updated our reporting page so you can view reporting as far back as 500 campaigns, and can also export reports on up to 500 campaigns.

Valued Contributor

Agreed. What more does Constant Contact plan to take away? Maybe we could get a warning?

Also in the new report interface it doesn't seem possible to look at the most frequently clicked links in an email from most to least clicked. You just have to look through the list. I know you think there should only be a small number of links, but with a newsletter there are going to be more and you've made it very hard to quickly pull that information.

Implemented Ideas