Email Client Report

I would like a report on which email clients are being used. I don't want to waste time adding functionality for a client no one is using.

7 Comments
SoccerWire
Rookie

Is this done? Need it too!

Frankie_P

Hi @SoccerWire this is a feature that is not yet available. We are however still collecting feedback on it through this very thread. The more requests this thread receives the higher a priority the feature can be given by our Product Team.

OfficeoftheC
Rookie

It would be great to have this or the ability to add Litmus tracking so we could get the data that way.

MaggieK21472
Rookie

Hello, I am the IT Coordinator for our organization and we have a Constant Contact account.

Because Constant Contact uses tracking pixels (images), the client of the mail recipient should be contained in the information sent back to Constant Contact.  You say it is not information you offer at this time but it could be. 

We got an email from Constant Contact warning us about the new Apple app "Mail Privacy Protection" which scrubs the tracking pixels (images) to protect the recipients privacy.  Unfortunately this means that for the recipients that start using Mail Privacy Protection we won't be able to tell if they opened up the email.

I have been quested to determine how many of the recipients of our Constant Contact newsletter use Apple Mail before this "Mail Privacy Protection" update is in production.  If Constant Contact would have their engineering team add the client to the information about each email recipient then we could determine how many of our current subscribers will be effected by this.

Can you people at Constant Contact do this before "Mail Privacy Protection" goes into production (this fall, 2021) so we can understand how this will effect our metrics in the future when "Mail Privacy Protection" goes into production?

Please do this so that in the future when we see certain subscribers not open an email we will know that those subscribers use Apple Mail and that we should account for that in our metrics reporting.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @MaggieK21472 thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We can understand how important it is to properly track the reporting on your email campaigns. While we do not currently have a time estimate of when an updated feature will be available, our Product Team is analyzing our current capabilities to provide reports that are accurate and timely, without compromising user security and privacy. Until then we do recommend including clickable links and a call-to-action in your emails. In the meantime we have also opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Not Currently Planned

At this time, we do not have plans to include email client reporting for campaigns. Should we hear of any changes in the future, we will update this thread.

KateM141
Rookie

Is this going to be reopened as a possibility? I can't imagine anyone NOT needing this

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More