cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Please remove RECOMMENDED FOR REMOVAL as the DEFAULT category for displayed bounces. If you need a default, it should be ALL BOUNCES. It is a HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME when I have to go back to selecting ALL BOUNCES. All bounces are of concern to me, not just the ones YOU think I should be concerned about. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! Thanks.

236 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Hi, In the old system I used to manage bounces as follows: - Click the "bounces" link - For each bounced contact, right-click, get the information in a new tab -- paying specific attention to the table with summary information about the contact - If the contact had bounced a few times, I would remove them from the list - Close the new tab and keep processing the remaining bounces In the new system, that's whole workflow is basically shot, and it's much more difficult to do what I need: - I can no longer right-click on a contact and bring up the information in a new tab. This means that I have to go back and forth in my browser. And the new UI is rather slow -- each click takes 4 to 5 seconds on my end -- so this is adding a lot of time to my process - The information on a contact is no longer tabulated in a nice summary form. Instead it's in a verbose list. And to figure out the counts, I need to do the work myself, scrolling through the list to find what I'm interested in - There are no more check boxes on the bounces view -- I need to work with one contact at a time before I can move on to the next contact All in all, this change represents a HUGE step backward for me. I am incredibly annoyed and disappointed. Thanks for your attention to this matter, Adam Machanic
Occasional Visitor

Seriously, the UI removed all of my formatting?!?! This is ridiculous. I'm off to find a new e-mail provider.

Occasional Visitor

ALSO!

Every time you click a contact in the bounces view, then hit the back button, the page reloads COMPLETELY, sometimes in a different order than it was in before, and you're all the way back at the top of the list even if you were previously scrolled down.

It's not supposed to work that way! Why is the UI doing complete page re-loads followed by AJAX calls, on EVERY SINGLE CLICK? That's a ridiculous way to code, and that's how you wound up with one of the slowest user interfaces I've seen in years.

Roll it back.

CTCT Employee

Hi Adam,

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you.  At this time we are working on improving the reload to get you back to your last working area.  Also for bounces at this point I would suggest to export the bounces into excel or to create a new list of just the bounced addresses over your past 5 emails and then send to them.  From there if they bounce again you can remove them from the account.  We are always looking to make the product better so any input or feedback is greatly appreciated. 

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Hi Jackie,

I am sorry for the trouble this is causing you.  Do you have any of the 50 email addresses you deleted in memory so you can try searching for them?  I believe the contacts could possibly be on another list or there could have been a lag in the removal process.  Can you please check to see if they are in the account by searching one and if so where are they located?

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

See above
All Star
I recommended a contact to be removed from our bounce list due to non-existent address. Received a confirmation that is was done but now cannot retrieve the other list of bounces for that email. I just keep coming back to the one that was confirmed as removed. What do I do about the others I can't find??
Occasional Contributor
Bounced emails use to be a nice easy to read list now it takes a dozen mouse clicks, and some cutting and pasting to accomplish the same tasks. Have you guys ever considered putting your "Great" ideas out in some test pages and letting people go review them and give feedback before you implement?