cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Please remove RECOMMENDED FOR REMOVAL as the DEFAULT category for displayed bounces. If you need a default, it should be ALL BOUNCES. It is a HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME when I have to go back to selecting ALL BOUNCES. All bounces are of concern to me, not just the ones YOU think I should be concerned about. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! Thanks.

236 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Not as easy and user friendly as the previous version. I prefer the simplicity of the old bounce reporting and the options of how to manage them. I liked how I could see the breakdown of the bounce reasons at a glance. Also, managing the bounces is cumbersome in the new report. For example: I need to send all non-existent bounced emails to the "Do Not Send" list. I can no longer do that from the bounce screen. Hope this helps. Claire
CTCT Employee

Hi Joey,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.

We will continue to adjust and setup the account to be as user friendly as possible. We do currently still have an ability for you to go in and manage many bounces at once.

Here is an FAQ that will walk you through managing bounces: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5288-understanding-managing-and-rem...

The main part of this for you to focus on, is to be sure and choose the type of bounce that you are wanting to view, using the "display" drop down in the upper right of the bounce table.

Display drop-down

As always, please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Hi DantonB , 

You can remove bounced email addresses right from the email reporting. Check off any bounced email address that you want to remove and use the "Remove Emails" button in the header. 

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi DeborahF15,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties with the new tool. The bounce reports are under the Email Reports section just like before. Please click Email tab and click Reports on the yellow toolbar. If you're referring to the bounce history per contact, it has now been renamed as "Engagement" and should be on the contact's details when you click on a contact's name.

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hi NenaS68,

Sorry as well if you find the new tool confusing. To add more than one, please select "Add Names and Emails" instead of just "Add a Contact" -- this will let you type or paste in several contacts at once. Hope that helps!

CTCT Employee

Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback. In the Email Reports page showing your bounces, there will be a "Display" section on the right side of the table header where you can select which bounce type to display. By default, it will show "Recommended for Removal" but you can click on it to select a different bounce category. Once that displays, you can then click the Export link and it should export only that bounce type for you.

Hope that helps!

CTCT Employee