cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Please remove RECOMMENDED FOR REMOVAL as the DEFAULT category for displayed bounces. If you need a default, it should be ALL BOUNCES. It is a HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME when I have to go back to selecting ALL BOUNCES. All bounces are of concern to me, not just the ones YOU think I should be concerned about. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! Thanks.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

Thanks for all the great feedback on this topic. A lot of the feedback is from several years ago when we first rolled out our new contacts system. We've made plenty of improvements since then, and as a result we've seen feedback around this lessen. Just to close the loop around some of the original feedback, we've released a change to the reporting pages this week and the bounce report will default to "All Bounces" as opposed to the "Recommended for removal" category. Several other changes were released with this as well including the ability to edit the contact in an overlay without having to leave the report, and better explanations for bounce types on this page which we hope make managing your bounces easier.

199 Comments
I have the hardest time finding the list of bounces - I just spent a half hour looking for the bounces, I want to clean up the list - cannot find it - I never can. How do I navigate to eh bounce list so I can manage it? Thank you,
Frequent Visitor
My Report says 25 bounces but when I print it only 16 show up. How do I get it to print all 25?

Hi David,

It sounds like you just need to change your view. By default we show you the bounces that are Recommended for Removal. 

10-17-2014 10-12-57 AM.jpg

All Star
Why, if my report says 21 bounces, am I only seeing 1? How can I check for spelling errors, research changes of address, etc?

HI SaraS53 

It sounds like you need to chnage the view of your bounces. There is a menu on the right that will allow you to do this! Make sure you choose "All Bounces" to see the full 21.

12-5-2014 1-08-53 PM.jpg

The report shows 36 bounced emails overall, but when I go in to manage them I only see four emails listed....

HI @CurryPilot.com 

Can you try changing your view from Recommend for Removal to All Bounces on the right to see if this shows you all 36 addresses?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor
34 emails bounced but only 12 show in the list to remove.
Solution Provider
I see my bounced identifies (30) but only 2 are currently bounced. It seems that the bounced keeps the old list going? Shouldn't it identify the current bounces only?

Hi @MikeH94 

It sounds like you might need to change the view of the bounces you are looking at. On the right of the bounce page there is a view option where you will want to switch the view to "All bounces" rather than "Recommended for Removal".

Hi @DahliaWebDesignsLLC

The bounces will only show for each individual email. It sounds like you might have the view set to "Recommended for Removal" bounces instead of all bounces. You can control this on the right of the bounce page!

2-4-2015 1-33-05 PM.jpg 

Occasional Participant
?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Chris - We initially display only the email addresses that bounces that we recommend you either correct or removed, so it sounds like of the 10 bounces email addresses, only 4 of them are bouncing because the email addresses are non-existent or undeliverable. The other may be bouncing for reasons that could clear themselves up, such as a vacation/out of office autoreply or mailbox full bounce type. To see all the bounces for a particular email campaign, look at the top right of the table of bounced email addresses -- you should see a drop-down menu next to "Display". It's initially set to "Recommended for removal", but you can choose "All bounce types".

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager

Occasional Visitor
Where are the other 9 contacts that bounced? Thank yo

Hi @christinamc 

It sounds like you might need to change your view from Recommended for Remobal to show you all bounces instead. There is a drop down on the right of the page that will allow you to do this!

Visitor
curious
All Star
I changed the view per page to 100, and still see only 36.

Hi @LynnG79 

It sounds like you need to change the view of your bounces. On the right of the page there is a view drop down menu that shows "Recommended for Removal" by default. You can change this to show you all bounces instead.

Thanks!

Although the message states 24 contacts are added, the list shows no contacts. This has happened repeatedly. It is very frustrating.
Visitor
need to know at the time of adding contacts who did not successfully add so that i can manage that directly with the contact this is a feature that used to be available
After sending an e mail, you are shown an amount that has bounced. If your "bounced" total shows 100 for example, you are only shown about a third of them when you view the list to edit or remove. I have tried everything... must be a problem within constantcontact.

HI @RobertN130

It sounds like you need to change your view from "Recommended for Removal" to "All Bounces". You can do this on the right of the page. There is a drop down menu for you to choose from to see an indidivual type of bounce or everything!

Thanks!

All Star
system says I have 17 'bounces' on last newsletter but only shows 11, why?
Occasional Visitor
Hi, The bounced e-mail reads 13, but the list of bounced e-mail shows a single address. Does CC offer a list of definition of terms for bounced e-mails. Eg: Suspended? Thank you for your reply. Bay State Council MOAA

Hi @HarryT123

It sounds like you just need to change your view! On the right of the bounce report there is an area to change your view to all bounces or a specific category. If it says "Recommended for removal" you will not see all the bounces listed. This view only shows the bounces that Constant Contact is recommending you take out of the account. 

Thanks,

Hi @PaulC319

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you need to change your display in the bounce reporting. On the right of the report you will see a menu to change the view of contacts. You are most likely viewing only the contacts that are "Recommended for Removal" rather than all. 

Here's an FAQ with some information about bounce types for you.

Thanks!

All Star
last time 4 of 24. So I can not manage the adresse properly because I do not know all which bounced.

Hi @MartinaW5

I am sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you just need to change the view in your bounce report.

On the right of the bounce list you should see a "Display" drop down menu. Choose to view all bounces here instead of just recommended for removal!

2015-06-01_8-08-08.jpg

Thanks, 

The report says there were 10 bounced address but the list only has 8 of 8 items displayed. What am I missing?
Occasional Visitor
My last email shows 2 bounced but only one shows up. What could cause this issue?

Hi @LisaF53

It sounds like you need to change the view of the bounces you are seeing on your report. On the upper right of the screen just change your view from "Recommended For Removal" to all bounces. 

Thanks!

Hi @RonnyP9

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry for the frustration this caused. It sounds like you need to change the display in your report. When you are viewing your report just change the view from "Recommended for Removal" to "All Bounces".

Thanks!

All Star
the list of Bounces shows only a partial list...without indicating how to go to page two. Now, I learned I have to drop down and indicate "all bounce types" to get the full list. I have been asking for this change for quite awhile. Make it easy and user friendly.
All Star
Our recent campaign had 39 bounced emails and the report listing them had 36 listed. What happened to the other 3 ?

HI @JimK417

It sounds like you just need to update your view from all contacts to just the recommended for removal to all bounces to see everyone!

2015-07-29_11-24-15.jpg

What happened to the other 4 names?

All 5 names were on the exported list.Why could I only see one on the CC web site?

HI @KarenF78

It sounds like you need to change your view to all bounces rather than just recommended for removal. 

2015-10-22_14-47-31.jpg

All Star
My last campaign generated 5 bounced emails. However, when I clicked on the "5" and the page of bounced emails opened, there were only 3 listed. I had to make 2 calls to climb through your electronics call distribution system to reach someone who is suffering from a cold and a sore throat who also had some challenges with listening. She pointed out the I should use a drop down menu, the existence of which I was unaware. Suggestion: When any of the number categories are clicked, in this case "Bounces," rather than calling the dropdown menu "Display" which may imply other meanings, "Choose an action" or some other wording that would explicitly indicate that there are options. Optionally, display the entire list by default. In my case, if the entire list displayed, it would have taken me 3 days to find the time to call you for an answer. Thank you, Dave Robison

Thanks for this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
my report states I have 15 bounced emails. I only see 13 reporting...what happened to the other 2?

HI @maureeng96

It sounds like you might just need to update your view -- on the right choose All bounces instead of Recommended for Removal!

Frequent Visitor
It was reported that I got 126 bounces. But I only had 56 email addresses shown when I clicked to see the bounces. Where are the other 70 bounced email addresses?

Hi @BarbaraW71

It sounds like you just need to change your view! From the drop down on the right choose to see all your bounces instead of just those recommended for removal. 

Occasional Contributor
Whatever happened to the bounce categories such as non-existent address or blocked? No wonder the bounce rates declined. It looks as if those bounce reasons are being counting anymore.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

All Star
Two part suggestion: 1) A report that will generate a global list of bounced emails; OR 2) Automatic email removal for bounced emails. Would help with not exceed our pricing plan.
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Thanks for all the great feedback on this topic. A lot of the feedback is from several years ago when we first rolled out our new contacts system. We've made plenty of improvements since then, and as a result we've seen feedback around this lessen. Just to close the loop around some of the original feedback, we've released a change to the reporting pages this week and the bounce report will default to "All Bounces" as opposed to the "Recommended for removal" category. Several other changes were released with this as well including the ability to edit the contact in an overlay without having to leave the report, and better explanations for bounce types on this page which we hope make managing your bounces easier.