cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Recommended for Removal is confusing

Please remove RECOMMENDED FOR REMOVAL as the DEFAULT category for displayed bounces. If you need a default, it should be ALL BOUNCES. It is a HUGE WASTE OF MY TIME when I have to go back to selecting ALL BOUNCES. All bounces are of concern to me, not just the ones YOU think I should be concerned about. PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! Thanks.

236 Comments
Occasional Visitor
How do I view the bounced emails and then delete them from the list?
Regular Visitor
this happens each sending for various reports.
Occasional Visitor
My report says I have 25 bounces but when I click on the list only 15 bounces appear. How do I access the additional 10 bounces?
CTCT Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rochelle! 

I wanted to give a suggestion on why you may only be seeing part of the bounced email addresses.  When you log in to the account, click on the Email tab, choose Reports and then choose to view Bounces it defaults to showing you only the "recommended for removal" bounced email addresses.  If you want to change this view to view "all bounce types" click on the drop down menu in the top right corner of the list of bounced email addresses. 

View the picture below:

bouncetypes.png

If this is not the case please reach back out to us and let us know.  We would be happy to take a look at your account with you!

Please continue to submit any other feedback or questions you may have!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

Only 3 addresses are listed on the Bounce Report, even though it says 7 were bounced. How do I know who got the email?

Hi Anne,

It sounds like you might be viewing only the bounces that are recommened for removal. You can use the drop down on the right of your bounce list to control your view,. 

2-17-2014 2-32-56 PM.jpg

Occasional Participant
CC's last update really changed the process for list management and in my case clearing Bounces. The process use to not be perfect but feels like a dream compared to the current process. You could open up individual contacts in new tabs to look at their history and then determine if they should be removed. Then I could go back to my tab with the whole bounce list and select and remove those users. Now you cant open those tabs and have to open each one, one by one and click the back button and remove them and takes 10x as long to manage a list. If I want to view the list of all bounces vs just the recommended ones I have to select that option every single time. It is pretty ridiculous.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Byron, I wanted to let you know that I have sent your feedback to our engineers. We value your opinions and want to make sure that it works the way you need it to. What you might do for the time being is login to your account using 2 browsers; use one screen to navigate the contacts, and the other to navigate the bounces. We will work to get your feedback implemented as quickly as we can! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. The support team can be reached at 855-229-5506 when you're ready.
Is there a way to remove bounced emails from my contact list?