cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Reports: Sort options needed

Reports: Sort options needed

There used to be the option to view the opens for an email, by the time and date that the opened it. With the recent update this is no longer the case. Why is this?

254 Comments
When reviewing bounced emails I selected Non-existent address. While the names are sorted by last name, the entire list is not sorted alphabetically, which is crazy, and I can't click on a column header to sort the list either, which is also crazy.
Regular Visitor
The report tells me there are 48 bounces, but I only see 21. And, I can't seem to view categories of bounces like I could previously. The recent changes to the site are terrible.

Hi Christine, 

It sounds like you are viewing only the bounces that are recommended for removal. Can you try using the drop down menu on the right to control the bounces you are seeing? Also, just so you know, you can view one category at a time here too.

Occasional Contributor
The email reports would be more helpful if they could be sorted, by date, by person, by email & by company. This shouldn't be hard to establish & it would be most helpful.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have any more details or more feedback to give us!

Hi Robert,

Can you tell me more about what you mean by inactive contacts? You can remove email addresses from the bounce screen if you would like. You can also view any specific bounce cattery if you just want to remove a specific bounce category.

All Star
Don't like your new changes! Too much light gray type which I can't read. When I increase the font and screen size, the choice at the bottom (like this 'Post to forum' button) doesn't show, so I have to back out and start all over again - with this feedback, and with adding images to the library, etc. And to add contacts - used to all be on one window and you could see what you were doing, now I have to try each choice separately. You're being too creative!
CTCT Employee

Hi Mary,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.

Was there a specific section of gray type that was being difficult for you to read, or is it just any type that is set with that specific color?

Please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Established Member
I am trying to address all the bounced email addresses, but they are not in any logical order. They aren't alphabetized by name or email address. It groups them all by letter though, so it starts with all the F last names, then it goes to C, etc... No logic. And I can't resort them to be alphabetical.
CTCT Employee

Hi ,

This feature is still available. You are most likely viewing the clicks by URL and not the clicks by Contact. To view the clicks by your client, which links they clicked and how often, please change the display on the right side of the reporting. Here's a screenshot:

Clicks.png

Sorry for the delay in a reply to your post. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a good one!

Anna N

Social Support and Community

Occasional Visitor
It would be helpful to be able to see all of those that clicked on an element to see if the same person clicked on multiple page links.
CTCT Employee

Hi Scott,

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. We continue to look for ways to improve the reporting functionality inside of the account. We will take a closer look at this process to see what can be done to adjust that. In the mean time, continue to vote for the changes that you want to see made in the account. And as always, please don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for this feedback. I think is is a great suggestion. Please continue voting for this and other features you would like to see implemented.
CTCT Employee

Hi ,

You can find that information in the Clicks Report. Here's how:

Please go to Email Tab > select Reports on the yellow toolbar > click the hyperlink under Clicks column on the table. This will display the click report of your email. From there, you can select the Display Mode on the toolbar --- either By URL or By Contact. The By Contact option will display the emails and which links they clicked.

Hope this answers your question. Please let us know if you still have issues viewing this report. Thanks!

Anna N

Social Support and Community

CTCT Employee

Hi AlexG126 ,

Yes that information is still available. You are most likely viewing the click through report by URL. To see the contacts who clicked the links in your report, please look for "Display" on your reporting toolbar. It will give you a drop down button to switch from "By URL" to "By Contact." Here's a screenshot for your reference. Thanks!

Clicks.png

help in alphabetizing bounces
Occasional Visitor
I would like to see an option to be able to sort the reports by various columns. I know that if the report is exported, the spreadsheet will have this capability, but my Numbers spreadsheet displays gibberish rather than a clean layout from this program. Could we have this sorting option on the webpage itself, such as being able to sort by name rather than only by a chronological basis?
All Star
In reviewing All bounce types, it would definitely be nice to be able to sort the list by not just last name (which isn't even in alpha order actually), but also by bounce type and by email address.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback! We value your opinion and want to give you the features and tools you want. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!
Advisor

Hello Kerry,

Currently the issue you are having is something our engineering team is looking into, right now the sorting is defauted by date, however we have requests that folsk would like to sort by column. Right now this is something we are looking into changing in the future however at this time the only way to do an alpha sort would be inside Microsoft Excel. If you have any questions or concerns please reply back to this post.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Regular Visitor
We are very active in using the click through report. These reports are sent directly to our Sales Team for follow up. However ---Currently we need to independently click on each link in order to print out information on the receipient and to generate a downloadable report. VERY time consuming. To make it more difficult---We used to be able to see on the printout a complete history of what the prospect opened and clicked through to see ----IE not only the date and the name of the email but the specific asset they clicked through to see. That is not the case now. NOW wiith the auto responder capability ---It would be nice if we could ---1. download a report that would produce a list of the people who clicked through ---It would produce their name and contact information and a history of what they clicked through to see. 2. If we then had an option for sending that list into auto responder we would have the ability to quickly and easily send a cultivation email to a list that had interest in our product.
CTCT Employee

Thank you for providing us with feedback on the new system Pete!  Please continue to give us valuable feedback and vote for other ideas you think would be helpful.

Occasional Contributor
Is is possible to sort contacts by the last time they opened an email from us?
CTCT Employee

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your feedback!  At this time you can export the opens for each email you have sent and sort that information by date and time, click on the link below for those steps.

Export contacts who opened an email

From your feedback it looks like you want the last time opened to be over a period of time and not for a single email.  We appreciate the feedback and encourage you to continue to vote for this idea if you agree!

If you have any other questions or feedback you can also reach out to our support team at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

Contributor
Why can't I get it to organize alphabetically? My list starts with the "M"s, jumps to another letter which is NOT "N", etc. Why can't I have the A, B, C, etc. list?
Frequent Visitor
Aside from slow rendering, it groups clicks by last name and there's no way to sort the click-throughs by time to see which were the most recent.
CTCT Employee

Hi Scott,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  When viewing the click through report, the report will sort by the most recent clicks.  This reports sorts by date and time the person has clicked in your email.  To view this after logging in to your account click on the Email tab, choose Reports, choose Clicks for one of your emails, click on a hyperlink number for one of your URLs and you will see the clicks are sorted by most recent.

If you have any other questions or feedback, please feel free to reach out to our support team at 800-240-2302.

Thank you for being a part of Constant Contact!

This "new" interface leave a lot to be desired. I used to be able to view clicks by date & time, but not anymore! WHY????
Regular Visitor

I see a version of this several places in the suggestions. I need an easier way to know what the link is listed on the "Unique Clicks" reports. It would be helpful to see both the link url and the display text that was used in the email. Thanks.

Regular Visitor
When I look at the results of an email which was sent, and display the bounces on the screen, they are not alphabetic by last name. This makes it difficult to find someone and I have to export the data and to sort it, which takes extra time. Please display the results alphabetically on the screen. Thanks.
Hi there, Please, please, please but the Company Name field back in the reports. It does me no good to see just the person's name and email if I don't know their company. That's the key piece of information. Thanks!!
Occasional Contributor
1. Why is the list of names sorted within each letter of the alphabet but the letters seem to be in random order? It takes much longer to find the names I want. Please put the letters in alphabetical order. 2. Is there a way to import a list of addresses I want to remove from a list or multiple lists? I much prefer to manage this in spreadsheets and then import, since I have so many addresses to manage. It used to be very simple in the old version of contact maintenance.
CTCT Employee

@Vegetarians 

Thank you for your feedback. Our developers are aware of the issue with the reports showing in a random order.

Currently, the best way to remove contacts from lists is to upload or view the list you want to remove from other lists. Check off one or all of the contacts in the list and click Add to Email Lists. In the Manage Lists window, you will see checks and dashes for the lists that the contacts are in. You can click the box again to remove the check or dash, therefore removing it from that list.

CTCT Employee

@Brisbania 

Thank you for providing this feedback. This is something our developers are aware of and working towards. Please continue submitting your ideas.

CTCT Employee
Thanks for the feedback! We value your opinion and want to give you the features and tools you want, but I can tell you this is in the works right now. When we have that functionality ready, it will be added to the reports pages, so please keep an eye out for it! And don't hesitate to let us know if you have any more details or feedback to give us!
I'm confused as to why the sorting for the bounce back lists are not alphabetized. The emails are grouped by last name, which is nice, but then those groups are in random order. Just seems odd. -Dylan
CTCT Employee

Hi Mike,

Thank you for providing us with this feedback. If others agree I encourage you to continue to vote for this idea.

If you have any other quesitons or additional feedback, please reach out to our support team. They can even be reached by phone at 800-240-2302.

Have a great day!

Occasional Contributor
When trying to look at bounces, they should be able to be sorted alphabetically. I should be able to click on one persons email address and see previous bounce history like it used to show in the table format. Everything about the new contact management system is slower, takes more steps, and frustrating.
Frequent Visitor
When I pull up the report of Bounced Emails, the list is not in alphabetical order. I had done this several days ago and it was in alphabetical order then.
On the page that shows opened email (and all other categories like bounces and unopened) put the contact or emails in alphabetical order
Visitor
Why can not sort the email report by date/time? It is alphabetical.

Thanks for posting. To clarify, you can sort Email Reports by date if you would like. The header for the date field is clickable for you to sort. 

8-28-2014 2-49-06 PM.png

Is this not working or are you referring to another area of your account?

Occasional Contributor
Please reformat the contact "engagement" section. It is useless this way. Why not have a way to sort "opened", bounced, clicked, sent and the dates.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

All Star
Reporting comes in a non alphabetical list, cannot sort
All Star
I want to sort the bounces (alpha, email, name, bounce reason) from the bounce management screen.
Why is this not alphabetical or at least give me the option to sort as something other than random first letter of last name.

Thanks for posting, are you referring to the reporting page as a whole or a specific report?

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Why can't I sort my Opened report. Especially by name. You do put the Not Opened ones into alpha (although not alpha order), but not these. If I'm looking for a particular person's result, I have to read through the entire list. This is difficult and impractical if looking for a number of people's responses. Sorting by alpha should at least be an OPTION on the report page.