cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Reports: Sort options needed

Reports: Sort options needed

There used to be the option to view the opens for an email, by the time and date that the opened it. With the recent update this is no longer the case. Why is this?

259 Comments
Why cant i put my list of bounces in alphabetical order?
Hello, There is no way to sort link click-throughs -- I'd like to be able to easily see which links did the best. Also, I'd like to be able to export this so my team can look at the click-throughs. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Frequent Visitor
For data management, this list should have a function to alphabetize by last or first name. We work with this list after our e-mail campaign and mail a "hard copy" of our newsletter. The list just opens up randomly, for example, this month opens up with "M's". This makes no sense from a data management company - a company that otherwise does an excellent job! Love Constant Contact!
Need to sort chronology rather than alphabetically
Visitor

I sent my first email blast and so far have been happy with CC.  However, to see how many times an individual has opened one email (which is very important marketing info to gage potental interest) the current suggested process of tagging or exporting excel dating is quite cumbersome as is the alternative of manually scanning through 400+ emails to see if a name shows up more than once.  The list is live two and can change from hour to our in the early part of a campaign so having to repeat the efforts over and over to get this info is annoying. 

In the All Opens tab, can you add a condensed data option that can simply show a number for how many times someone may have opened it instead of sorting by the time it was opened?  Or at the least make the fields sortable on the page so clicking on the 'name' field sorts the data by name rather than by open time.

Thanks for your consideration.

Please allow us to sort the bounced list in the same manner as other contacts. Extremely frustrating to scroll through list
Regular Visitor
It is very annoying that the Reports don't appear alphabetically. They are grouped alphabetically but don't appear in that sequence. It's an odd, random sequence and I can't see how to sort it out.
Occasional Visitor
it would be convenient to be able to sort the list of people who opened an email by last name or email address.
section with no alpha order, then K, S, A...It makes no sense!
All Star
Thanks!
so I can see easily what the top links were in an eblast (for example).
Frequent Visitor
I would like to able to alphabetize my email results, but dont see a way to do that...
How can the columns be sorted by date/time when in the click through view? Right now it's sorting by alphabetical/date/time. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
When I export unique opens to excel I would like to sort by when the email is first opened to the last open date/time.
Frequent Visitor
Not sure why the Did Not Open List does not populate from A to Z. Starts with G then F . . . makes no sense. Please correct this for easier management of contact.
Regular Visitor

There needs to be a way to filter the contacts by the fields, ability to add other fields and filter, such as dates clicked, I would like to have the most receive at the top. Or even have a separate list that keeps track of new clicks since the last export. Also there isnt a report that accounts for Opened emails that have not been clicked. We can see the opens, the clicks, but not the in betweeners.

Organizer
We need an option to view all lists alphabetically by last names. For instance, Unique Opens are listed only by Date/Time. It would make it much easier to keep track of names if we can view them alphabetically.

Thanks, @MelissaF70! Do you think you would reach out to the "inbetweeners" again to see why they didnt click or would you be looking to take another action with this information?

Please make the list of bounced emails sorted alphabetically by either email or last name.
All Star
Both lists should be able to be printed without having to print them page by page with only 50 names on a page. Thanks.
Visitor

It would be nice to be able to see the last opened date on the contact list instead of opening each contact individually.

Occasional Contributor
It would really be helpful to be able to sort sent emails by name and not just have to randomly search though the list when I'm looking someone up by name to see if an email got sent to them. For instance, when someone registers under a different email address than it was sent to, and I'm trying to search the sent list to see which email it was sent to.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Regular Visitor
This report form is frustrating to use as the list is not alphabetical so when I have to go through my database to log these clicks in the person's account, I have to jump around and that's time consuming. Please could someone make this list fully alphabetical - that includes within each alphabetical category as well as presenting the completed list in alphabetical order. Thank you.
Organizer

We need an option in ALL lists to view names alphabetically.  For instance, Unique Opens are listed only by Date/Time. It would make it much easier to keep track of names if we can view them alphabetically.

Occasional Advisor
It would make more sense that the open list would show the email addresses in the order of latest open date, instead of the alphabetical order. Similarly, the Bounce List would be more useful if it list the bounced email addresses in the order of older entry dates (when the email address was entered), instead of the alphabetical order. Often, the older the entry dates, it is more likely the email address becomes unused, invalid, changed, etc., so listing the bounced emails in the dates order and also showing the entry dates would make it easier to glance over which email addresses need attention. Currently the contact lists, including Open List, Bounce List, etc., are shown in the alphabetical order which is rather useless for each task. I would imagine many ConstantContact customers have hundreds and thousands email subscribers in their list. What makes you think they would scroll down the alphabetical list to find a certain email address? More likely, we would use the advance search function for that. The same logic goes with the Subscriber List, which currently shows email addresses categorized by month. Since this list already shows the dates, adding the divider bar for each month is redundant and takes extra scrolling.
Occasional Visitor
It would be easier to view bounces alphabetically vs bouncing around from the core a-z. Very frustrating and time consuming. I have yet to figure out how the order is determined.
Organizer
Option needed to Alphabetize Unique Opens by last / first name PLEASE
Occasional Contributor
There is a Sort by column feature on Email Lists. Why isn't that Sort available on the Reports screen?
When I view the opens, bounced, or other results the sorting seems like it has no order. Why wouldn't these be able to be sorted alphabetically on the site, instead of having to download the results to excel?
Occasional Contributor
I would like to customize the report page. > Click on the "Campaigns" icon in the left nav column. > Click on any active campaign Now on this report page there are several rows of information and in this order: 1) Email Settings 2) Social Sharing 3) Email Run History 4) Reporting I would prefer to move these rows into positions which I would prefer. For example, I'd like to have the report page in this order for all our campaigns. (And I'd like to option to change this order in the future.) 1) Reporting 2) Email Settings 3) Email Run History 4) Social Sharing
It would be really useful if one could see export reports on the Constant Contact site similar to an Excel spread sheet format so that an "export" of selected contacts and selected data elements could be viewed right there instead of having to download an .xls file to one's PC and then open it and sort it, etc. There seems to be no way for one to view a group of contacts on CC, only one at a time, which is cumbersome.
Organizer
Need Option to View Lists Alphabetically by Last Name. In Unique Opens it would help to view alphabetically & not just by date & time.
As I look through the list and try to verify emails as correct they are not in order. It is just weird and hard to work with. THANKS!!
Visitor
why cant you sort/organize the bounced emails in alphabet order?
Occasional Visitor
The list of bounced email addresses should be in alphabetical order, or at least have a 'sort' function.
All Star
I was wondering why you removed the mobile/desktop percentage for each individual e-mail from the information available on the summary page. I found this extremely useful and now can't find it at all even clicking through. A total mobile/desktop percentage can be found, but not per e-mail.
Occasional Visitor

Hello, I am fairly new to Constant Contact, and had the same observation as the original poster.  It would be very helpful to have the names sorted alphabetically, or be able to sort them by clicking on a column heading, so that it's easier to find out if a particular recipient has opened their email.  While the idea of exporting to Excel is one workaround, I don't understand why it's not possible to sort the names, particularly since this "great feature request" was made almost two years ago.   

With our campaigns, it sorts in small, incomplete groups of the same letter, so that there are, for instance, several groupings of last names starting with "S," and so forth.  

If nothing else, the default should be that it sorts by last name.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JanC72

Thank you for posting your feedback about this. I have moved your post to our feedback area, so that your comments can be tracked towards this feature request. Please feel free to add any additional comments here, or if you have a support question, you can continue to post in the Knowledge & Support area of the Community

Thanks, 

Samantha

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star

Hi, the clickthrough stat information is helpful. HOWEVER - it would be much more helpful if it were easily sorted into a ranking. It shouldn't be too difficult to offer this option where you can sort the stats from highest to lowest ranking of clickthroughs so we don't have to comb through them ourselves. Thanks for your consideration.

All Star

I cannot be the only one who wants this. Really? :smileyface:

Should be able to click on the Name header and have the names sorted in alphabetic order (ascending/descending) as one can in the top menu Contact List feature.
Frequent Visitor
For our company, the DID NOT OPEN Results are as important as the OPENS, but in the reporting, why can't this post in alphabetical order? Our last results post last names beginning with "G" (not "A"), first, with "A" last names between "F" and "T". This just seems to me to be a programming error in that the results cannot post alphabetically.
It would be much more helpful if there were more options to sort report data, such as by month, year, day of week, and time, instead of just lumping "time sent" as one option.
Occasional Visitor
I used to love the app. But now I can no longer view the opens by most recent activity, date opened. When I sort Opens by Activity I see the date of the last sent, all the same. I can no longer view most recent Opened activity.
Occasional Visitor

Under reporting -All opens on the more options tab add the ability to alphabetize by last name.  This will enable us to see how many times one contact has opened a specific email, which in turn will let me know who is most interested in that specific topic/idea/product for future follow up.

Occasional Advisor

When viewing the click report, why is there no option to sort?  For example, my click reports all sort by the first letter of the contact's last name (and THEN by date/time), so it's very confusing to look at.  I'd like to be able to sort by date/timestamp which does not currently exist.

The "Opened" report sorts by date/time, so why can't there be an option to sort this way when viewing the clicks?

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Visitor
It would be nice to be able to sort the various report lists without having to take the extra steps of exporting the list. Export is helpful but should not be necessary for a simple sort.