cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports: Sort options needed

Reports: Sort options needed

There used to be the option to view the opens for an email, by the time and date that the opened it. With the recent update this is no longer the case. Why is this?

254 Comments
All Star

Contacts:  When I click on contacts, I used to get a place to put in who I was looking for by my choice of email, last name, first name, and more.  Where is that?  This new update is really a downer.  The old one gave me the information I needed easily, quickly, in less space.

I agree with ZacharyM3, that there used to be an option to view the opens for an email, by time and date.  Where is that?

You also made it more difficult to add a new person.  It was so simple before.  Why update to make it worse?

Edith

Advisor

Thus far, I think that the new Contact Managment and Reporting features are fine. However, I would really like to have the option to view my opens by the date and time that they were opened. I keep a very close eye on my opens and with this feature gone, it is much more difficult and time consuming to see who has opened my emails since the last time I looked at the log.

Thanks for taking the time to "listen" to this suggestion.

Status changed to: New
Thanks for your idea. This is a functionality that is coming in the future, please continue to vote on this topic!
All Star

I totally agree that this feature needs to be brought back as soon as possible. The positives of some of the changes are outweighed by the negatives such as this and others.

Occasional Visitor

**Removed by moderator** Right now we only have the view of opens or unopens by name, email and date but date is not clickable cannot export without saving to a list, I want to be able to see organization name when viewing reports/opens by organization name or search opens by organization name.   Contacts  needs quite a bit of user friendly additions.   Cannot sort by date and time so I cannot see who opened it that way.  You should never go backwards keep existing features you once had and add to those, right now you have not kept any of the good features and I find it is not intuitive.

All Star

**Removed by moderator** In the old reporting system opens were sorted by the date so i could easily see who had recently opened the email. Now they only seem to be sorted by the name of the contact. Am I missing something here or have you taken away the ability to sort opens by date? If you have, please bring it back, thanks

All Star

UN *Removed By Moderator* wants this sorting returned to be able to see his opens by date and time.

CTCT Employee

Would like ability to sort contacts by date. This will make it easier to see when contacts were last added to the account or to a particular list. The reports feature indicates general growth but doesn't focus on specific contacts.

Thank you all for the feedback. The ability to click and sort based on the date and time column is coming. You will be able to click and view the newest first.
All Star

I think your new reporting system is really not ready for primetime.
Apart from not being able to sort my opens by the date they were opened
(thus easily keeping track of who else has opened my email, really a basic
piece of information I need to know) your reporting system gives me two
different numbers of opens and clicks, depending on where I land in the
system. Refreshing the system doesn't fix it, nor does logging in and out.
So, I can't tell who has most recently been added to my list of openers, and
I can't even get my statistics to report properly.

CTCT Employee
I am sorry for your troubles with the new features, at this time we are aware of both of the reporting discrepancies and sorting in the opens field by date/time column. Both issues should be resolved within the next couple of weeks.

Looking at My Contacts (I have more than 1000 actively subscribed,) I see that I can sort colums by name, email, company and City/State. Please give us the ability to add more sorting options to this header such as date added or subscribed. I sometimes re-send emails to newly subscribed contacts. Right now the only way I can figure out who is new is to export my entire list of contacts into a spreadsheet and sort that way.

I almost never sort by company (most of my subscribers are not business associates) so that column is almost useless to me.  City,State is okay but some of my subscribers live in other countries, especially Canada. While I'm sure I can search for Canadian subscribers in the search box, I wouldn't be able to see subscribers from other countries without exporting all contacts.

I have a "referred by" question on our subscribe page. I recently downloaded all my contacts and was surprised to see how many had signed up through Facebook or internet searches. I'd like to be able to see this information periodically at a glance rather than exporting every contact.

CC snip2.JPG
All Star
I sort by date ALL THE TIME - date added, date unsubscribed, etc., now that feature is completely gone!

Thank you all for your patience with this. We have started developing and rolling out new sorting options. Within the next few weeks you will see these options show in your account as well as the ability to export the data and sort using excel. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate all of the feedback that has been shared.

Occasional Visitor
Although I love many of the new features, I miss seeing my "opens" in chronological order.I follow-up with these contacts and it's easy to miss someone now.
Regular Visitor
This feature was very helpful and highly utilized before the recent updates. Now, it's no longer available! Also need to view an email open date by contact without exporting a list each time.
All Star
I generate monthly reports regarding who has unsubscribed themselves. Can't do that easily from the My Contacts page anymore since the sort by date function has disappeared.
CTCT Employee

Thanks for all your feedback on this!  We are looking to roll out part one of this within the next couple of weeks and you should see a great first step in the process.  We are continuing to expand on this so please stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Please let me sort open by date.time!
All Star
Cannot arrange by date any more?
Valued Contributor

The option of sorting by date is imperative as I use Constant Contact for some courses.  So I need to feed the contacts with the right information.  Please restore the date option as it was in the past, as it was perfect. 

Lucia

www.comunicasoluciones.com

Occasional Visitor
The current reporting feature is not useful when I am trying to gather all of the information to create a report to use in house.
Regular Visitor

I can't identify which link a customer clicked through to...I used to be able to do that...I can only access opens alphabetically...I want the option to be able to access them in time and date opened as well....this new format is TERRIBLE....we just spent hours preparing and sending our latest newsletter and now we can't access the feedback information we need. Is all of my work on this month's newsletter now lost forever...can you fix this so I can access my information for the newsletter I sent out yesterday?

Visitor
I don't like the new open report. I used to be able to see in order all the new opens. Now it just lists them alphabetically. I can"t tell which are the new ones when I refresh without going through the entire list & looking at the times. This is a real problem!
Reports take up too much screen space now. Can't I set preferences? It's annoying to have to always click date/time as my preferred arrangement.

Hi Patti,

Thanks for posting. Would you rather see the reporting on a portion of the screen or just condensed? Unfortunately at this time you cannot set  a preference but that is a great idea to pass along!

All Star
It is more beneficial to me to see in what order those who opened my emails did so, and in chronological, not alphabetical order. perhaps a way to choose how they are listed, or how to view them?
Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. Unfortunately, this type of preference cannot be set at this time but this is a great idea and has been requested by many other users. Stay tuned for updates on this! Please keep voting on ideas you'd like to see implemented in the future.

Regular Visitor
I find that I am unable to view the list of "unique opens" by "date". When I list by date I am seeing "all opens". Have tried several times to view the list the way I need to see it (unique opens, listed by date) but the site is not cooperating.

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the confusion, currently you can only view "All Opens" by date and time. Clicking the "Date/Time" header in the Unique opens page will redirect you to view the All Opens information. Please continue to vote on this topic if you would like to see it implemented in the future!

CTCT Employee

To recap:  today you can sort opens for an email by the open date & time. To do so, view the open report for an email and click the Date column. This will switch to viewing all opens (so if a contact opened an email multiple times, you'll see that contact listed multiple times, one for each time they opened the email) sorted with the most recent opens at the top. Note that if a particular contact opens an email multiple time in the same minute, we only record a single open, even on the all opens report, cutting down on the visual "noise" in that report.

We are currently working on having the unique opens report also display sorted by open date/time. I estimate that we'd have that work done in late September. The way that we're doing the work should have the benefit of also making the open report display slightly faster.

Jennifer Bubriski

Group Product Manager, Contacts

Occasional Organizer
The former sorting by chronological order was much more preferred as it showed me meaningful and useful information on effective times to reach my clients. The new alphabetical sort serves no useful purpose for analyzing the opens.

Thanks for your feedback, Linda! 

Solution Provider

Hi I want the old way of tracking unique opens so I can view unique opens by date. Thank you

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. We are currently looking into implementing the ability to sort this report by date. Please stay tuned for updates on this and please continue to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Frequent Visitor
I would prefer that the report data for "Clicked" be presented in date-order by default - as previously. At the very least I would want the ability to sort by date. Currently (9/12/13) Sorting by Date/Time is not working. This is a big step backwards - very inconvenient! I want to see the latest activity when I look at the reports, not have to sift or click. Please restore previous functionality. Thanks.
Thanks for your feedback on this! Please continue to vote on any topics you would like to see implemented in the future.
Occasional Visitor
prior to recent changes to the site, the "all opens" export was available, and very helpful for my internal marketing analysis
Thanks for posting this, Rob.
Frequent Visitor
Please allow us to order click-through report by Date/Time!

Thanks for your feedback, Brian! 

Occasional Contributor

I have a click through but when I click on the link, it does not show who clicked on it. It also reports it as 0 instead of the number of click throughs.

Visitor
It appears that I can only download "Unique Opens", I need to get a download with "All Opens"
CTCT Employee

Hi Regina,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused you.  After looking into this I could not replicate the issues you were seeing.  What email are you referring to as well as when you viewed your reporting was it directly after you clicked on the link yourself? 

Occasional Visitor

There doesn't seem to be a way to sort click throughs by date and time. This was possible before and makes it easier to see when new click throughs occur and who they are.

Occasional Visitor

It's hard to tell what link they clicked on.

Occasional Contributor
would be more useful if you had a date when someone opt out/or email bounced-The old DO NOT MAIL LIST was much much better-
Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. My apologies for this issue. We are currently looking into implementing the ability to export the All Opens. Please feel free to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.
All Star
I liked the old default view of seeing opens and clicks by time rather than by an alphabetical listing of contacts. It's much more interesting to me to see the new opens by time each time that I check.
Regular Visitor
I can't find my lists -- sometimes they show the complete list and other times only a partial listing. I want you to change it back -- this is VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!