cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports: Sort options needed

Reports: Sort options needed

There used to be the option to view the opens for an email, by the time and date that the opened it. With the recent update this is no longer the case. Why is this?

254 Comments
Valued Developer
In the redesigned email reports, the list of bounced contacts is grouped by alphabet letter, but the list isn't alphabetized so the groups are all in the wrong order.
Even though I am choosing the option to export "All Opens" Constant Contact is only exporting unique opens. I like to be able to see how often individuals open our emails.
All Star
would like to have dates in order opened, rather than random...or ability to sort them into when opened
Regular Visitor
very annoying. thank you.
Occasional Visitor
there seems to be a major flaw with the new reporting interface. we used to really appreciate being able to see the opens/clicks, and how they were sorted by time opened. we could sign on, look at the opens - and then sign off and back on again later, picking up where we left off. now there's no way to sort this way? it seems to be a very ridiculous oversight to not have included this functionality.
I can no longer view the opens in order by date. I am miserably unhappy with the auto-alphabetical arrangements. After nearly a decade with Constant Contact, I am now looking elsewhere for list management and emailing.
Regular Visitor
The new format shows the last time a unique opener viewed the material instead of when it was initially opened and that is a problem for me. I now have to use the all opens to find this out and I am not at all happy with it either. I much prefer the old system.
Occasional Contributor
Wow, this new interface is the worst, non intuitive, non user-friendly piece of software ever created. It’s clear these developers and programmers had no clue how your customers (real businesses) use this service. The new interface is SLOW, and labor intensive. The import feature does not recognize the custom fields we have established, and every list import requires many more steps and clicks. What a nightmare! Please give us the option of reverting back to the old interface so I can get my work done!
Occasional Visitor
email report is useless as it lists by date opened. It is impossible to find if a particular individual opened or was sent an email
Occasional Visitor
I would like to have the ability to sort lists by column headers. Sometimes I like to sort by first name, sometimes last name, etc. I am not able to change the way any list is sorted. I am looking at the list of opens for an email and it appears to be sorted by time Most current first. I would like to be able to change that if I choose.
Occasional Visitor
It would also be useful to organize by individual and then see repeat clickthroughs to gauge depth of interest?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback.
Contributor
We must be able to put the names in ALPHA order.
Occasional Contributor
When I'm reviewing my list of bounces for an email, it appears that I cannot sort them alphabetically by last name, even though they are broken out by letter. For example, those contacts with the last name starting with D are listed first, then those with last names starting with F, then those with M, etc. I can't figure out the sorting hierarchy--it doesn't appear to be by number of contacts with last names starting with that letter, either. It would be helpful to have some sorting flexibility. Thanks.
Occasional Advisor
We no longer see all the links that a user clicked on in an email. That was very important. Why was it taken away?
Occasional Advisor
As has been noted here often, it's not useful to have the recipients' email addresses "alphabetized" by first name. Who does that? Also, why can we not sore the date received column? These are fixes that need to be made.
This is quite a bung-up that you have here. Displaying bounces by last name, grouped by letter, but not alphabetically? Bad. Adding contacts, but not seeing which ones can't be added to let them know they previously unsubscribed? Bad. I'd like to be able to sort by first AND last name again. I'd like to be able to run a search more easily than having to click on "advanced" And, can we please have links back that are listed by the link name, rather than a long, wacky www address?
Can we please sort the click rate report by date/time?
Regular Visitor
It would be good if you could export "all opens" that way you will know who is repeatedly opening your email - which probably means they are actually reading it. Just a thought.
All Star
I add new contacts from a paper sign up sheet that the contact fills out at our sales. Sometimes the email address is difficult to read or I make a typo. When I send a new email, I go to the bounce list and check the last few bounces to determine if it may just be a spelling error. This happens quite often and I remove that contact and add the correct spelling. It is extremely cumbersome to do it with the new format. I do not know if a bounce has been a contact for years or a few days. An option to sort by date instead of alphabetically would solve the issue. Also the back button from the bounce list after you choose a name goes all the way back to something else and not the bounce list I had posted. Finally, you should be able to make these options a default when you go to the screen rather than having to click through options every time to set it the way I want. I would appreciate a response and course of action.
All Star
Unless I'm just not seeing it, I'm not happy at all with the new reporting features. I like and need to know who opens the email, how many times they open the email and if they click on any links. Feel free to call me at 214-502-0100.
I don't need contacts grouped by letter of last name.
Frequent Visitor
I was able to have a better understanding of who was opening the email by being able to see their company name.
Occasional Contributor
How do I know what websites that the customer click on like be for? That is most important to our selling.
All Star
I used to be able to see who clicked on any link in the reverse order that the click occurred. Now I have to look through the entire list to find the most recent additions. And, because you are now only displaying 50 at a time, this is even more cumbersome, time-consuming, and annoying. Please change it back to be able to view in reverse chronological order and allow viewing of 500 at a time.
Visitor
Please update so that contacts can be sorted alphabetically or by email address.
Regular Visitor
Why can I no longer see the ID of those who clicked on a link in our NL?
Frequent Visitor
Now the new program is not letting us see who click to view Tori Tako Wind Designs
There is no way to find inactive contacts in the new system this needs to be a sort category, as does Bounced. Right now it is almost impossible to remove Bounced contacts from the active contacts is a HUGE chore. All categories have to appear in the contact list.
All Star
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS GOD-DAMNED REPORT SO IT DISPLAYS UNIQUE OPENS IN DATE ORDER???? AS IT IS NOW, YOU HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH EVERY LETTER OF THE ALPHABET TO FIND OUT MOST RECENT OPENS. INSTEAD OF SHOWING STUPID "THANK YOU" VIDEOS JUST FIX THE SYSTEM YOUR PROGRAMMERS BROKE!!!
Occasional Participant
Is there something I need to do other than click on the number of clicks indicated in my report?
Hi, My Report section is saying that i have click throughs for my recent Email. Yet when i click on the number (of click throughs) no details of who has clicked shows up. Has this changed recently as I always used to be able to see who had clicked through. Many thanks. Debbie
List of who clicked-through is missing for each link.
Regular Visitor
Where are the ID's for the clik through's?
Visitor
Hi there, We send our click-through information to an outside consultant. It would be so helpful if I were able to get the URL and Click counts for each in a PDF format. Currently, I have to resort to taking screen shots and pasting them into an email. Julie

Click Email>Reports and the hyperlinked numbre of click throughs to the right of the email name. When you view the data you will see the link on the left with "Unique Clicks" in the middle. Click this numnber to see who clicked on the link!

1-6-2014 2-50-38 PM.jpg

In the previous version, from the individual contact record I could see exactly which links the client was clicking, when, and how often. This was great for target marketing. Now if I want that information I will have to scroll through every link record and take hours instead of seconds. Really, Really, poorly thought out change. That feature was critical to me. I'm having to change to another company now if this feature does not come back.
CKR
when I click on the number of unique clicks, I get a message that there were no unique clicks rather than a list of who clicked - what am I doing wrong?
is there a reason when I see I have 30 clicks on a link I don't see the addresses?
Occasional Contributor
It would be helpful to see which link(s) a person clicked. Previously we could view all the links an individual viewed. Now it can only be done link by link, not by contact.
Occasional Contributor
Is it possible to see what an individual clicked on via their subscriber page? I can see which emails have been opened, but not what they clicked on.
Just a suggestion: When I am looking at my Opens and I change the view from Unique Opens to All Opens it would be great if there could be a way to sort the columns. Currently they are organized by date / time. If I could click a header on the column to view them organized by customer name I could more easily see which of my customer has had multiple opens.
Previously I could see WHICH clicks the client went to -- now I only get the summary
Advisor

Hello Folks,

The Issue you are currently having with the click through reporting 0 is a system issue we have going on. Our engineering team has developed a fix, and are currently testing it out before we push it to our live system. We hope to have this resolved very shortly, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support

Occasional Contributor
We used to be able to click from the "Clicks" link and see WHO clicked and on what. Now, if you can find that information, it's several clicks away, and getting back to the report requires a form resubmission. This is pointless!
Regular Visitor
The new way of reviewing who clicked the links in an email blast is frustrating and time consuming. The old format for clicking on the link to see who clicked through was much more efficient. We were told that we need to export and then sort to see a particular link and who clicked through to that link. This is extra time that is needed to view the information that formerly was easy to see. The only way we knew how to view this report was by calling customer service.
Hi In the reports section I used to be able to see exactly who had followed what links. The presentation of these results has now changed and I cannot seem to find that information any more. Is the info still available and if so how do I access it?
Occasional Visitor
We are long time customers and we very much dislike the way clicks are now reported. We want to see them in order of time clicked on NOT alpha which is very stifling for us. Is there away to see them in time line order like it used to be? Thank you
Regular Visitor
I can no longer see the individual email addresses for the people who click-throughed. Why?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Both unique and all opens for emails now display in date/time order, with most recent opens at the topic. This change was made a couple months ago. Sorry it's take us so long to update the status here.