Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Lists in click segmentation are not alphabetical

I LOVE the new click segmentation feature. It is going to up our marketing game. And all the other new features like A/B testing that Constant Contact has been lacking in for a while. I'm SUPER excited to use all of these - but WHY in the good lord's name is the new click segmentation feature in a completely random order?! We have nearly a hundred lists, and having to dig through this gigantic drop down that is in seemingly no logical order to implement the click segmentation is absolutely bazarre. Please at least alphabetize it!

37 Comments
FoodInst
Campaign Collaborator

Could you make the contact lists in the link segmentation selector be presented in alphabeltical order? Right now, it's in what seems like a random order (it's not even in the order they were created), and it is really difficult to find the correct list. 

ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert

YES! THIS! Please do this! Surprised to see this post originated back in 2017 and it's still a jumbled mess.

In case there is still any confusion on the side of Constant Contact staff (who I have seen ask for clarification here a few times).. when you are editing an email, and you insert a link, the pop-up screen where you enter the link URL, you have the ability here to enable Click Segmentation. Once you do that you have to pick the list you want to add the person to if they click your link. It's in the form of a dropdown list. If you only have a couple of lists, it's not a big deal, but for many of us who have dozens of lists, it's really annoying to find the list you're looking for because they are in seemingly random order. Alphabetized would be a huge help! Or the ability to custom sort, or search.. etc.

ChirstinaD
Campaign Expert

Small workaround for those who use this feature and share the same frustration.. If you know the exact name of your list, you can start to type it while you're in this dropdown list and it should find it and highlight it for you.

Hello Constant Contact Programmers,

Is any progress being made on this issue? 

Is anyone working to fix it? 

It would make your customer base very happy to learn we can sort in some way.

Patricia Becker 

DarciAyur
Campaign Contributor

It would save me HOURS if I could actually do a real search in "Enable Click Segmentation" "Clicking on this link will add the contact to the specific list, helping you send more targeted emails. Learn more."

ModernShoe
Marketing Legend

I also would like to know if any progress is being made. I use this feature all the time, but the fact that the lists all display in a completely random order makes this tool unnecessarily frustrating and time consuming. At the very least the lists should be in alphabetical order. Please let us know when this issue will be resolved.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @DarciAyur what type of information are you looking for in your click segmentation reporting? How would you expect to search for these details?

Frankie_P

Reply from @DarciAyur 

Do simply be able to do a search, as it is, one is forced to scroll through the list...and in my case it is long.
thanks!

DonnaB57
Rookie

It's depressing to see that this was brought up three years ago and still hasn't been fixed. Let me add my voice to the choir:

I would LOVE it if, while setting up click segmentation, the dropdown menu that enables me to select from my existing mailing lists would present these lists in alphabetical order.

This initially was a minor annoyance, but since I deal with this regularly and the number of my mailing lists has grown, it has become a bigger, recurring nuisance. It's the kind of quality-of-life fix that could go a long way to keeping customers happy.

ModernShoe
Marketing Legend

Yes please sort the Click Segmentation dropdown list alphabetically. I must have 40 click segmentation lists and finding the one I want to select from that disorganized list always gives me a headache. Please just sort it alphabetically. Please please please.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More