Unsubscribe bounces from reporting page

0 Votes

There's been a new update. I used to be able to take all of my bounced "Recommended for Removal" Contacts, tag them, and then unsubscribe the whole list with just a few clicks Now I have to go into each one to unsubscribe it? What's that about? That's not helpful at all! I also can't tag my unsubscribes en masse like before. I have to go into each individual contact and tag it. Again, what's that about? Is there a new feature that I'm missing? Or did Constant Contact take a step backwards?

31 Comments
Birchwood
Rookie

Just noticed this as well! Terribly inconvenient. I need to get rid of over 100 emails and I am not doing that individually.

DLartglass
Campaign Contributor

Your most recent update removed the ability to mass unsubscribe bounced and suspended addresses from an account without deleting them entirely. You have articles posted about how to download a list of addresses that you want to unsubscribe and then re-upload them into an unsubscribe list, but that process is clunky and annoying compared to the previous system of just clicking a button. Please re-add the mass unsubscribe feature on the bounce page--the current system is de-incentivizing list cleaning and encouraging your users to just let their bounces go.

Drew_D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thank you for your feedback @ICS. Our developers are tracking feedback and I will be sure to get yours to the appropriate teams. I have also opened up your idea for voting.

In the meantime, you are able to unsubscribe contacts in bulk by first exporting the contacts you would like to unsubscribe from the report. Once exported, you can upload them into an unsubscribed status by first making sure "advanced email permissions" is enabled on your Constant Contact accounts settings page. It can be found under "Contact Settings" on that page. Once enabled, there will be a new option to "Add unsubscribed from file" option on the contacts page under "Add Contacts". 

ERICAB944
Rookie
Hi, the old format was so much easier to edit/unsubscribe bounced email addresses. Maybe I am not doing it right. Is there a tutorial on the new format? thanks.
JennyH21
Rookie
It looks like in the reporting feature I am no longer able to unsubscribe multiple "recommended for removal" emails. Bring this back please!
AnnaM96
Rookie
why is this not an option? It would be the most convenient, since otherwise the work of updating my source list will result in reimporting these won't it? it seems dumb. there is a message recommending unsubscribe but no method to do so conveniently.
Frankie_P

Hi @AnnaM96 thank you for your feedback! I can definitely understand how helpful it would be to unsubscribe contacts directly from your bounce reporting. I apologize our reporting is not currently designed this way. This is however a feature request I have submitted in your account and to the appropriate teams. In fact, where are you seeing the message recommending to unsubscribe your bounces? The reporting pages for our campaigns do not include a message like this.

In the meantime, as a workaround we suggest exporting your bounces to a file, then uploading it directly to your unsubscribed list. Uploading your contacts to the unsubscribe list will not change the listed source of how they were originally added into your account.

LainaS
Rookie
Please add more functionality to the bounced email screen in the reporting area. This screen allows you to view bounced emails, but you cannot edit or unsubscribe contacts from this screen. It is unnecessarily time consuming to export a list and then go to the contacts screen to find and unsubscribe contacts one by one. Please fix!
PatriciaS24
Campaign Expert

I am so tired of Constant Contact taking away features that we use and which make the system user friendly.  We want to manage our Bounced Lists but taking away this bulk feature to move them to Unsubscribe and remove the Report List at the same time, makes it impossible to easily fix them. It is definitely user unfriendly to take away this feature. And your response above indicates that it was taken away on purpose and is no longer a design feature.  Are you trying to make it so difficult that we don't remove them and therefore keep Contacts in our account to drive up the count which increases the amount you charge us?  I hope you are not being that deceitful.  I vote to bring this feature back!  NOW!  

NDCgraphics
Marketing Expert
Is there a way to easily unsubscribe bounces? I select the view that allows me to view a certain type of bounces I want to remove, yet the export option only allows to exporting ALL -- even the type of bounces I don't need to remove. The old way was fine and easier to use. Now Constant Contact has taken something simple and made it more tedious and complicated. I don't understand why update and fix something that is fine the way it is or only update it to make it worse than it was.
Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More