Which Emails Go to Spam

0 Votes

One thing Constant Contact could do that would be very helpful if you developed a way for us to tell which emails actually go to SPAM folders. I'm not saying which headlines are most likely or how to optimize them, I'm saying it'd be nice if when we look at our stats and see, for instance, 10 emails bounced, we could also see how many went to SPAM folders and especially which emails to which of our contacts. I know it can be done but it's really just a matter of CC wanting to implement it.

3 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @SheilaG84. The Email Details page shows a spam report that you can use to compare to overall bounces. Does this fit your needs? 

Caitlin_M_0-1623430003047.png

RandyB462
Rookie

I thought the spam report was how many people have marked your email as spam, not whether or not it went there in the first place. Could you please clarify?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @RandyB462. Sincere apologies for the delay in our reply. I spoke with our Delivery team and they were able to clarify what the Spam Report tracks. You are correct with the spam report showing only those contacts who marked your email as spam.  In regards to contacts who receive your email directly into their spam folder, we are not able to provide further reporting on the contact. They will show as "Sent" but won't show as an open (since they did not technically open it before it lands in their spam folder) or any other kind of bounce since the email was considered delivered.

Overall, you have great reporting rates. The open rate is high and you have a low bounce rate. I'd recommend checking out our article on reducing spam reports, which also affects those who have your emails automatically shown in their email client's spam folder. You can also request to have contacts add your email address to their safe sender list or an address book. We're going to close this idea for now but encourage you to reach out to our Delivery team should you have any follow up questions.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More