Determine Best Time to Send from Reporting

0 Votes

Does send time of day still matter? If so, could you add recommended send time in the Reporting dashboard based on engagement?

11 Comments
SandraA75369
Brand Visionary
hi there, after all these years, I still wonder WHY I can't see a simple chart showing the time of day along the bottom (in 15 or 30 min intervals) so I can see WHEN my readers are available to open my emails.
Drew_D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @TerriL3. Sending times is a great thing to consider. We have suggested sending times based on your industry but I can see how it would be useful to have this shown in your account as well. I'll open this up for voting!

BoomerS
Marketing Expert

Every time I want to send out a reminder email blast a few days before our events, CC suggests a week AFTER our event takes place!!! SO your suggested send times are not in sync with our event dates! The suggested send feature is useless! 

travisap
Brand Influencer

There is an article on "Find the Best Time to Send an Email" which is somewhat helpful, but could be a lot better. It is a bit rudimentary and requires me to manually enter data into a spreadsheet.

Why not create a new reporting tool that does the math/work and tells you when the best time to send is? With some filtering options included.

-Travis

CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend

I don't believe there is currently a feature in the reporting section that shows when your contacts are opening your emails. It doesn't have to be an exact time like it shows on each individual contact. It could be hourly. Just something that helps show the optimal times to be sending emails. Of course, I could just experiment and send emails at all times of the day until I find what works best for open rates, but having a feature that showed what time most people are opening my emails would be very beneficial.

I believe most major social media platforms have similar features. I know Instagram and Facebook show the times when your followers are most active which helps give you a better idea of when to post. I'm thinking CC could implement something similar.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to include this information on the scheduling page or under Reporting but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

JoyceA464
Rookie
It would be nice to be able to view open rates by DOW and Time to determine the best time to send an email for by customers.
user3499076
Rookie

I'm new to Constant Contact and I'm wondering if this feature already in the reporting dashboard yet?

Frankie_P

Hi @user3499076 

We apologize this feature is not yet available. We will however reach back out to this thread when there are any further updates we can share.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More