Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

SaveLocal is Here!

[ Edited ]

If you haven’t heard, Constant Contact has launched a new daily deals product. It’s called SaveLocal and it’s going to change the way you view daily deals.

If you’ve done a daily deal in the past, you know that the competition can take up to 50% of the profits from your deal. That’s 50% of an already deeply discounted deal. If you ask me, that is way too much!

With SaveLocal the maximum you’ll have to pay for each deal a customer buys from you is $3.00. Not only that, but you’re the one who has complete control over the deal. You can choose when it runs and when to end it. 

You’ll also get an idea of who’s buying your deal, as you’ll have their contact info. This helps if you want to run future offers just to those that purchase a deal from you. 

There’s no waiting around for your payment from the deal either. It’s automatically added into your PayPal account the moment it’s purchased. 

If you’re wondering if SaveLocal is for you, we have a terrific coaching team that has the skills to help you develop your deal.  They’re here to help 9-5 EST Mon – Fri and can be reached at 1-855-854-8606.

If you’re looking to grow your business, SaveLocal is a great way to get attention. With our tools you’ll turn bargain hunters into customers in no time.

Have you run a daily deal before? What did you think?

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor
DarleneS18

Re: SaveLocal is Here!

I just launched my 1st save local.  Which application do I put on my phone so I can scan barcodes to make sure no duplicates are there?

Jarrad_M

Hi Darlene,

Congratulations on your first deal!

You can find everything you need to know about our coupon redemption app, including where to download it, here in this FAQ.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant
AnnetteL

I am about to embark on this new deal prgram, and would like to send an announcement emal out to my customers. Is there a customer friendly short introduction that I can use which explains the program?

Also, is there a way to preview the coupon/deal prior to sending it out?

I would like to know if I the coupon is 'branded' with SaveLocal or if I can name my program something else. I would also like to see what a customer gets by way of a coupon before I start mailing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for these answers?

thanks,

annette

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Hi Annette,

I'm so excited to hear that you're going to try out SaveLocal!  I'd be happy to answer your questions!

• Here is a link to where we have a video about SaveLocal
  • When you are in your SaveLocal deal, on step 4 we have 3 options to preview your deal: Page, Email, and Coupon

Preview Deal.JPG

• Also, SaveLocal is our branding for this product and at this time we don't have a way for you to remove that or edit it. You can add that feedback in our SaveLocal Ideas and Suggestions board.

I hope those helped!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

Occasional Participant
AnnetteL

Thank you Melissa,

I am waiting for the paypal to be set up so I cannot get beyond step 3 in the process. 

Can you attach a sample page, email and coupon in it's finished form (what the customer would get). I work much better if I have a visual.

I would also like to change the graphic on the layouts but am not sure just how much I can change or add. 

Thank you,

annette

Occasional Participant
AnnetteL

For anyone who needs a visual, I finally found one here.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/d7u57ua

I am assuming this is what the customr gets in their email.  Can someone verify?

thanks.

annette

Jarrad_M

Hi Annette,

THat is what a completed deal looks like.

Currently, the only image you can add to a deal is your logo, but we're working on this.

I hope this helps.

Jarrad

CTCT Employee
JWulfson

Hi Annette,

You should be able to continue on to step 4 of the deal creation process even if your PayPal address is not fully verified.  If you click Continue and nothing happens on step 3, please scroll down to the bottom of the page.  You'll probably find a field with a red text error message around it.  Once that is resolved you'll be able to continue.  If you still can't, send the name of the deal to support@savelocal.com and I'll be happy to look into it further for you.

Also, you now have the ability to change the main image of a deal!  On step 1 of the creation flow, in the template picker at the bottom of the page, underneath each thumbnail there's a "Choose Image" button.  If you click on that you'll be able to insert any image from your library into the deal.  For best results, choose an image that is as close to 525x250 pixels as possible, as the image will get resized to those dimensions. 

Thanks,

Jim Wulfson

SaveLocal Coach

Jim Wulfson
SaveLocal Coach