Donate Now Button

PineApple1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Hello - I'm a volunteer with a local non-profit. We would like to send a fundraising email encouraging people to become Benefactors at 5 different financial levels. I liked the sound of the Donate Now button and WePay integration but have just realized that it doesn't work with the "Cross Device Editor" (which I didn't even know I had!). So now what?! How can I send folks to a link that allows them to Donate Now? Can anyone recommend an easy way to capture the folks willing to give right through the email? I have the WePay account being set up. Since we are a community theater, we also have a ticketing arm where we could sell merchandise (benefactors?). We could use the Constant Contact product function, but I'm not sure how that would work in this case. I'd really like some advice. TIA
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PineApple1 ,

If you have a way to process payments on your website, that's what most non-profits and other donation-collecting organizations will regularly utilize. WePay should also have tools in place for setting up recurring payments, though you'd need to check with their support for confirmation on that capability and how it works. From there, it'd be a matter of linking in your emails to wherever people can confirm the conation level, and submit their payment info.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PineApple1
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

To be sure I understand you, you are saying that there is no Donate Now button possibility within Constant Contact.  The only way I can do it is to link the button to a webpage that does not currently exist on our website.  There is no way to use the Constant Contact store function, event function, or any other function with WePay directly within Constant Contact.  I'm surprised that the new generation of Constant Contact no longer offers this function.  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

You could certainly utilize the Event system, or the Online Store system if you wished. I simply recommended checking if WePay had something native to their side to generate links for recurring payments and donation tiers as the most direct option. Neither events nor the online store support recurring payments, and my reading of your original post made me think you already had an existing webpage to sell tickets and other items related to your organization.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 3
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 2:30 PM EST