Email bounces

StevenB133
Participant

I am having an increasing bounce rate. My last email had a 60% bounce. The most common reason given is "blocked" - however, there are several people on that list who I know for a fact did not intentionally block us. Any advice? 

1 REPLY 1
John_M
Employee

Hello @StevenB133 ,

When an email address bounces as blocked, that block is not necessarily the recipient themselves rejecting the email; the ISP has decided not to deliver to it. This is usually due to reputation, content (images, links, text strings, etc.), or a policy/filter on the recipient’s end. The options we would suggest for your next steps are listed below.

1. If you’re sending from a “free” email account as your From Address, some domains may reject your email. This could be corrected by using your own domain.
  2. If you’re seeing blocked bounces from small, private domains (such as a business or organization) we’ve found that hearing from their own users who want to receive our email often yields the fastest results, so we’ve created some form letters to help you communicate with the ISP directly.
  3. If neither of these are applicable, or if you're getting blocked bounces from a larger domain (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) contact our Support Team by phone to get it resolved.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

• Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article