My usual email goes to spam, now What if I use Constant Contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
Johnk0106
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I sent some test emails from other mail service providers and my emails are going to spam. - along with the fact that some of my customers also had my emails go to spam. I have beens sending emails since at least 2006.  Anyway, I want to know if I can use my website email with Homestead to send emails to overcome this issue and or can I get a dummy email  - how would all that work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Johnk0106 ,

If you're having trouble with your normal, personal email going to spam, it's likely that it's had so many years of various send elements associated with it, that it may have a negative reputation - especially if you've been sending adverts, donation solicitations, etc. 

In all honesty, the best way you're going to be able to convince a major email program to trust your emails, would be to have a dedicated domain for your organization / business - rather than trying to send through your personal email. Otherwise, it's likely you'll end up having the same auto-spammed issues trying to send through us. This would also apply if you try to go through a different 3rd party program, or even if you try to use a "dummy address." 

So your first step would be to set up a true, dedicated, unique domain for whatever it is you're trying to do. Once you have that established, you'll be able to do things like setup self-authentication in your Constant Contact account, start with a clean and clear sending reputation, and likely have better deliveries overall as a result.

If you'd like some more specialized insight and advice, you can try speaking with our Delivery team.

See also:

Email Authentication FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Johnk0106 ,

If you're having trouble with your normal, personal email going to spam, it's likely that it's had so many years of various send elements associated with it, that it may have a negative reputation - especially if you've been sending adverts, donation solicitations, etc. 

In all honesty, the best way you're going to be able to convince a major email program to trust your emails, would be to have a dedicated domain for your organization / business - rather than trying to send through your personal email. Otherwise, it's likely you'll end up having the same auto-spammed issues trying to send through us. This would also apply if you try to go through a different 3rd party program, or even if you try to use a "dummy address." 

So your first step would be to set up a true, dedicated, unique domain for whatever it is you're trying to do. Once you have that established, you'll be able to do things like setup self-authentication in your Constant Contact account, start with a clean and clear sending reputation, and likely have better deliveries overall as a result.

If you'd like some more specialized insight and advice, you can try speaking with our Delivery team.

See also:

Email Authentication FAQ

William A
FredAstaireMorristown
Rookie
0 Votes

When you say a "dedicated domain," do you mean sending from an email that's associated with, for example, an email that's our business name.com rather than an @gmail.com email address?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

That is correct.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST