Send birthday wishes to two people (a couple) with the same email address

user82014
Rookie
0 Votes

Good day,

I have some clients who are a couple and I wish to send them a separate birthday wish but they have the same email address as part of my contacts.  How can I separate their birthdate while being on the same contact?  If I were to create two separate contacts with the same email address, I would run into the same problem.  I tried creating a custom field but I am not really sure how to convert it APK  into a separate line item.

Example:  they also have two separate birthdays but they have the same email address.  If I send a birthday wish to Alain, I also want to send a birthday wish to Marjorie as well, but the same email address prevents me.

Can you help.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user82014 ,

Using a custom field won't make a difference. Only the default birthday field as built-in for the system will be able to trigger a birthday automation, and since there's only one per unique contact (email address), you won't be able to have multiple active on a single contact. In general, it's best to have only one person per email address, since unique email addresses are what determine unique contacts and associated insert-contact-detail functionalities for emails.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST