is there a way to automatically direct a sign up to a specific page on my website?

SOLVED
Go to solution
PatriciaH8969
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I host various online classes and would like to use inline sign up forms for registrations.  Is there a simple way to have a sign up form automated, so the person who signs up is automatically directed to a page on my website and I receive immediate notification?  Another important consideration is that some classes repeat, are offered again and the people who sign up for a class may already be subscribers.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PatriciaH8969,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! On an Inline signup form we, unfortunately, don't have an option to automatically redirect a customer to another page on your website. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! It is okay if these subscribers are already on your list, they will just go to the different list that is connected to your signup form. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PatriciaH8969,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! On an Inline signup form we, unfortunately, don't have an option to automatically redirect a customer to another page on your website. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! It is okay if these subscribers are already on your list, they will just go to the different list that is connected to your signup form. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
PatriciaH8969
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I appreciate your help, am new to this.  My understanding is that subscribers to a list only get an automated response once.  However I offer the same class monthly, and some people might want to attend only once, but some may want to attend EVERY month or every other month and so on....  so what you're saying is to create a new sign up form and a new contact list each time it's offered?  There must be a better way.

PatriciaH8969
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Can a tag or segmentation be used with a sign up form?

Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @PatriciaH8969,

You could have a segment that's assigned to the same list as your sign up form that segments members of that list based on some additional criteria. Tags are a little more retroactive so they don't have an integration with signup forms.    

Based on what you've shared so far the best option may be to create a sign up form to gather interested contacts, and then create a monthly newsletter with the upcoming classes for the month. It's not the most automated solution, but it does provide the most flexibility for both the content, and the send date. If you'd like a more automated/less content specific path, you could create an automation campaign that sends an email every 30 days reminding subscribers to sign up at your website. These emails would have to be more generic without specific class info, because subscribers will be joining at different times throughout the year. It may also take quite a bit of setup time at the beginning, and it should be noted that there are a maximum of 31 "steps" or emails in an automated series, so eventually some subscribers will "complete" the automated series.

Another solution already mentioned would be Lead Generation Landing Pages - These weren't really meant for recurring event registration, so as already mentioned you would have to create a new page for each event. They will give you a little more control over the "thank you page" that subscribers see after signing up, which will allow you to add a button to the page on your website that you'd like to redirect to. If they are already on your contact list it would still work, but it might be a good idea to create an individual list for each one in case you'd like to do any communication with people after the class, such as sending out a survey or providing a recording. Downsides to this approach is that they would not be embedded, you will just have a link for each form - on top of the lack of automation.

Lastly there are Event Campaigns. These are campaigns more catered to event registration. Potentially a good option if you need to accept payment for the events or provide a Zoom link, but they unfortunately don't have a recurring event option at this time so the set up may be a little cumbersome on a monthly basis.

I think the monthly newsletter with links back to your website for registration is a good way to go. Even though it isn't quite automated, they can be scheduled in advance and after the first set up the template will likely follow a similar format each month, so you would mostly be making a copy and changing dates/links. Happy to answer any more questions though!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST