Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

New Social Posting Process

I dislike the fact that you have added steps to being able to post onto a social network. It was a lot easier before and now you have added almost 10 minutes of work to my already cramped day. May have to look at other options if you are going to continue to make changes that only make my job harder not easier.

9 Comments
DoloresV
Campaign Collaborator
Too confusing and I spent too much time learning the new procedure. I had to call in and spoke to Paige (your Constant Contact rep) who saved me. She was wonderful and without her I probably would have disconnected my connection from Constant Contact to Facebook. I think it was a waste of time redesigning the way we linked to Social Media. As a small business, we don't have the time to keep learning all of these new procedures and systems. Give us a break. I spent over 2 hours already on this -- talking to friends of mine who were also confused, plus calling into your system. And, the URL being at the top of the layout looks strange......plus now people have to click onto the link........and it was confusing on how to fill out the information to actually post.
AlexandraM1
Rookie
Please PLEASE stop changing the way we do things on Constant Contact. The new way of using the Social Share takes more steps than before and it's really tedious and unnecessary. Please give us the option to go back to the version that existed before.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @BTAGCT  what steps to share your campaign on social media do you feel is harder than the previous version? What steps would you expect to take to post the campaign?

SteveB674
Rookie
What the, I am getting very tired of your constant UPGRADES that DOWNGRADE my ability to do the work I need to get done without having to take a week off to learn the new lessons on how to use these newly annoying ":tools" .. So tonight I just had to say f.. it, I just won't get to share this on social media. Not thanks to CC.
Arts_Benicia
Rookie
about a month ago you changed the way we share our campaigns on social media. it is so confusing and takes multiple steps compared to the exceedingly easy way it used to be. each time i try to schedule a post on FB or twitter I find myself lost in screens with too much educational content, not enough simple click here to add this post etc. today i managed to schedule a FB post, now i can't find my way back to add a twitter post. wish you had not changed anything. i am using social media less as a result because i can't figure it out
KathyP033
Rookie

How do you create the post to look like it did before your "improvement"?  All we see on fb now is the http/url address, with no title or image or hint of what the address is.  Previously, we had a consistent image with a consistent title so people knew what it was and what to look for, and just hit that image to get to the attachment/post.  The "improvement" has decreased activity significantly. 

BernS
Rookie

This new social post process is so much more complicated... agree with all others who have posted asking for a way to go back to the old version!!!!!  When I try to add a picture to a FB post I have to manually resize my pics or they get cut off.  They used to auto size and now I spend precious time trying to get a picture that makes sense and doesn't have text cut off.  If I wanted to use Canva, I would use Canva - I do not!!  And agree that the social posts mixed in my campaigns is very yucky...  I could always find them within the campaign where they belong.  Allow the option to go back to the way it was!!!!!!

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Clarifying

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Information

We are closing this post due to the requested information not being received. Some feedback has been addressed such as a photo included in a social post previously not linking off to a campaign. This was fixed in October 2021.

If you have additional feedback regarding the social posting tool or other aspects of your account, please create a new post. When posting, please provide us with as many details as possible.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More