Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Ability to edit, remove toolbar in emails' webpages (social functions, legacy landing page form)

Hi Constant Contact, the new system now includes social share links mandatory at the top of individual email archive linked copy, unlike the previous system which did not. For our use, we need to NOT have social links on selected archived emails, so please remove these OR add option to remove them. Otherwise we cannot continue to use CC after several years & need to move to a different email marketing service ASAP. Thanks, Matt

21 Comments
AmyB33
Campaign Collaborator

The email newsletter I produce is for members only and not to be shared. I need to be able to offer a web version that does not include the social sharing links in the header. Is there a way to disable this feature?

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 9.15.03 AM.png

STurnb
Rookie
I noticed that the web version of a sent email always has sharing options at the top. I called CC just a short bit ago, and was told that the bar is always added to the URL version and it's not removable. It's disturbing, because if we have an exclusive VIP invitation (or an email of a semi-sensitive nature) with no social sharing options added, and we share a web version with a person, someone potentially could share to any of 200+ social media sites!! To me this violates our privacy as a subscriber if we do not opt in to this option, and it potentially opens us up to problems if sensitive info or VIP invitations get shared. In addition, I was just recently told about the "Join Email List" button in that top bar. We had to strip that subscriber list down to the minimum, because we previously used it to resubscribe people to lists that are not meant for just anyone to join. Now I don't have a way to resubscribe those people. Please make the sharing bar OPTIONAL with the URL version. Otherwise it opens orgs up to potential problems by making info accessible that the orgs did not designate to be accessible. Thank you!
CarolS7980
Rookie
On the generated email link from a sent newsletter, I need to be able to delete a social icon without deleting all in the header, and I want to delete the header link to CC since it is going to a page about bouncing emails.
AmandaS57
Campaign Contributor

Been wanting this for years. Would be nice if we had a simple radio button that allowed us to "Hide Share button" and on the backend you guys simply hide the div <div class="shr-bar"> that encapsulates this piece of code.

CWMA2022
Rookie

We really need a way to take off the social sharing options (and list sign up) from the URL header format. For some of us, we are using this as a member-only database and information forum --- we are not looking to share our emails and we need to control member sign ups. Please give us more control and do not assume we all use the program the same way...Thanks!

RWOP2016
Rookie

I also would like this to go away as well. Or at least the ability to toggle it off if desired. My organization has a yearly membership of which our CC's are a benefit. I don't want anyone to have the ability to sign up for them unless they paid their membership!!

SteveK8485
Rookie

We use Constant Contact to reach out to B2B customers. this means we share information, pricing and other essential details that are for authorized dealers and trade-members only. Your "Email Quick Link" has default social media sharing hyperlinks permanently built-in to the top of your URL which means we cannot use the tool for ANY communications or support. Our information cannot be shared on social media.

We really need the quick link available to our sales team. PLEASE remove the social media hyperlinks or make them optional somehow.

Agreed! I want to be able to remove the share feature. Our content is meant for wholesale customers and it would be tragic if any of our pricing went out to the public. Please make this option available to us. I'm able to hide it in  so Constant Contact should definitely allow the option. 

We need full control of our content. 

Thank you!

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

AmandaS57
Campaign Contributor

I weighed in on this years ago as well. Not sure I weighed in on it in 2016 when MathewO started it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut what does "Acknowledged" mean? It can mean that it took you 6 years to get back to what MatthewO started :-). Does it mean it is under review by your dev team and might be implemented? Does it mean it has been reviewed and is moving forward? 

Ironically I got asked about sharing such links at the start of this week but had to explain that we can not toggle that social share ON/OFF so we can not sure it.  

Cheers

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More