Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Social Monitoring Add Multi-Image Posts and Videos for Instagram

When creating posts for Instagram I do not see the option to post videos, use multiple photos or the option to post to my story. Is this something that will be added (soon). I really like this feature and want to continue to use it. Also, will Linkedin be added? Would love to be able to post to all my social pages from one place.

Top Answer
Kyle_R
Administrator

There are multiple requests for this thread:

1) The ability to post multiple images on Instagram via the Social Posts feature - This is Implemented. When the feature was initially developed, the Instagram API allowed for only 1 image to be included in posts. That limitation was lifted, and we were now able to expand the tool to post up to 10 images for Instagram posts which will show in a carousel. 

2) The ability to post videos on Instagram via the Social Posts feature - This is Under Consideration as we are seeing what would need to be done to support videos.

In the interest of simplicity going forward, since the multi-image support is now in product, we will now use this thread for requests and updates on video posting functionality.

As an aside, I believe Instagram still doesn't allow for Stories to be posted via the API so that is something we won't be able to implement at this time. Reels, however, do seem to be supported.

40 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @LaurieH9323  what are some cases where you would want to include a video in your social share? Where would you expect for these videos to be stored?

LaurieH9323
Rookie

@Frankie_P there are several instances where it would be preferable to share video rather than image. I don't know how the videos are stored...currently, sites like SkedSocial allow you to schedule social media posts and that includes video. For anyone to consider fully switching over to CC for social media scheduling, I would think the ability to share video content would be important.

SethA526
Rookie
Wondering if constant contact will ever allow us to post carousel images to instagram / Facebook, or if we can ever expect to be able to post video content to those platforms through constant contact? I like the data insights I get when I post through constant contact, but the fact I can't post multiple images, or post videos to my platforms through constant contact is the reason I usually don't post using the platform.
JenniferD221
Rookie

Why is this still a problem in 2021? Including video files in scheduled social posts is table stakes at this point. Right now I have to post individually to each platform, which completely undermines CC's usefulness. I love CC, but I'm doing more and more video and I may have to find a different solution if this doesn't get resolved soon.

I am also wondering if and when we can post reels/videos/carousel photos to our profile. Thanks!

AdamF92
Rookie
Why are social media post now limited to only one image. Why am I expected to pay more for my service next month when you continually limit functionality like this???????
zacheryu
Rookie

Do you mean the ability to publish 10 photos at once in one post?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

SamanthaC368
Rookie

This is very bad that instagram only lets you post 1 picture at a time through the social posting!!!!!

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

There are multiple requests for this thread:

1) The ability to post multiple images on Instagram via the Social Posts feature - This is Implemented. When the feature was initially developed, the Instagram API allowed for only 1 image to be included in posts. That limitation was lifted, and we were now able to expand the tool to post up to 10 images for Instagram posts which will show in a carousel. 

2) The ability to post videos on Instagram via the Social Posts feature - This is Under Consideration as we are seeing what would need to be done to support videos.

In the interest of simplicity going forward, since the multi-image support is now in product, we will now use this thread for requests and updates on video posting functionality.

As an aside, I believe Instagram still doesn't allow for Stories to be posted via the API so that is something we won't be able to implement at this time. Reels, however, do seem to be supported.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More