Send targeted emails using Shopify criteria

It would be such a big help to have more advanced triggers to segment mail lists which  help shops target their customers better & increase sales in promotions. Please add triggers such as - did not open last campaign (so we can retarget a message to them!), did not click link in last campaign (helps again to retarget potential buyers and not send the same message to everyone), has not purchased in X days (amazing feature to target people who have not reordered!). 

This would require Constant Contact to sync with shops more so they can access data, but this would increase your user capabilities, lead to more sales as we customize marketing to our clients, and them that means more happy constant contact customers! I feel so limited with constant contact compared to mailchimp, so please step up the triggering features. Also please let me save my email campaigns as templates! SO much work to have to recreate my look for emails outside of a series. 

4 Comments
MusicMakersNH
Campaign Contributor

YES!! I am starting to look at other companies that do a better job of contact management.

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @DenicaG, thanks so much for sharing your feedback! We actually have some great ways to segment contacts further and it actually covers almost every instance that you mentioned. Check out this Knowledge-base article for more information on how you can create these types of segments. As far as segmenting to shoppers, this is something we've been working on for some time and it'll be available shortly to Shopify customers. As we release this feature for Shopify, I'm sure we'll look into other online shops that we can integrate with. I've noted that you'd like this feature and I'll make sure you're one of the first to have access to it, so please feel free to share any feedback you've got about it. 

How to build a segmented list

Thanks again!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Since the original posting, I'm happy to announce that we have made many improvements to our Shopify integration, including the ability to segment contacts based on their Shopify activity. Let us know what you think!

TuckR
Campaign Contributor

How making segments usable in the Automated Email series that aren't tied to Shopify... We need more ways to filter and segment for automation. For example I can only trigger off a campaign when someone is first added to a list, why not when they are first added to a segment which then I could just upload my customer file and my segments that split it up based on criteria within the file could be triggered into campaigns. Or how about being able to have more than just a wait x days/hours/weeks capability and have some filtering capabilities there like wait 2 days if they open the email go down this path, if they don't open send them this other email I don't want to resend something they didn't open the first time let me test a subject line. Also why can't you edit the cadence of a campaign after you activate it, so I just started one and I want my Day 12 email to go out on Day 10 instead... or how about being able to trigger the next email in the series based on the actions they took from the prior email like they opened the prior email wait 4 days from then to send the next one. Sometimes someone might open an email on day 3 and then my day 4 email goes out and they'll be annoyed.  

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More