Slowness navigating the website and delays sending campaigns

💻 Creating a Website and Online Store with Constant Contact — Webinar and Q&A

Caitlin_M
Administrator

In today’s world of social distancing, having a website and online store can help keep your business going.

Whether you’re selling a physical product, digital download, or services, it can seem daunting to set up a website and start selling online. But you can set up a website and online store quickly and easily with Constant Contact’s website tools. 

As part of our Small Business Support Kit, Constant Contact has been hosting a free weekly webinar series that includes practical advice on putting your action plan to work. Our latest webinar discussed our Website tool. Highlights included:

•  How to create and publish your website
  •  How to set-up your online store to sell online
  •  How to track and manage orders 

Here are some of the questions during the webinar from our attendees:

I want to start my own website to sell my products online and have no idea where to begin. What can Constant Contact do for me?

Congrats on taking the first step! We have an intelligent website builder that allows you to create a professional, mobile-responsive website or store in just minutes. Whether you’re looking to create a blog or an online store, we have what you need.

I already have my own domain. Can I bring it over to the Constant Contact Website Builder? 

This can all be done under a paid plan. Once you have a paid plan, you can transfer your domain into our Builder. Please view our Pricing to see what best fits your needs.

Can I have my inventory system linked to my website?

At this time, the only integration that we offer is through Ecomdash

What payment methods are available when setting up a store?

The primary payment methods are PayPal and Stripe along with cash on delivery (COD). You can view a full list of payment options here

Can a store be used for signing up for classes or services as the 'products'? 

Yes, you can set up events and services as "physical" products and simply toggle off the options that don't make sense, such as Shippable or Stock, unless you have a set amount of each. However, these are set up as one time payments and cannot be used for recurring service payments.

I already have a website. Can I integrate my store with my website?

If you have created the website outside of Constant Contact, you can link to the store once it is published. However, if you created the website through Constant Contact, adding a store to your website is easy!

I have a product that comes in different styles/colors. How can I advertise these in my shop? 

Yes, these are called variants. When adding or editing your items, you can customize the color, size, and style variants for each item. This way, your customers can see everything you have to offer! However, there can only be one photo per product so pick one that best represents the entire product line.

I offer digital downloads. Can this be sold through the store and do I need to send the link to the customer?

Yes, when adding a digital product to your store for download, the customer will receive an email with a link to download the file. No additional steps needed on your end!

When someone looks at my web site or buys a product from me, can their information go into our contact list in Constant Contact?

Constant Contact is permission-based which means that contacts must opt-in to receive mailings from you. You can add a "Join my mailing list" section to collect your customer information and use one of our sign-up tools to make it easy for a contact to sign themselves up. Make sure that the "Contacts Sync" option is enabled in the Contacts CRM. During the checkout process, your customer can opt-in to receive emails from you. 

4 Comments

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article