Slowness navigating the website and delays sending campaigns

How to Stay Productive (and Sane) While Working from Home [Blog Discussion]

Nick_S
Administrator

Jake Link returns with some helpful ideas on how to cope with the new challenges many of us are facing with our new working environments. Check out the Constant Contact Blog to see how you can stay productive while working from home.

We'd love to hear what you've been doing to transform a part of your home life into your new work life. Pictures are welcome!

7 Comments
MattyMo
Employee

I added a wall divider to give me a little sense of space in our living room and a bit of privacy (as 5 of us are now in this space all day)20200325_170901.jpg

HaysDigitalGroup
Constant Contact Partner

I get up (admittedly prompted by my step device) hourly and walk!

MattyMo
Employee

I do that too!!!

PaulaSUtah
Constant Contact Partner

I took our Shoji screen down to my home office space to hide some of the background clutter from my more frequent video calls. I like it enough, I'm going to leave it down there.

OhNellie
Campaign Expert

I've decided to work in the afternoons in my back yard. Watching the squirrels run around and listening to the birds chirp has made my days a little better. Breathing in fresh air has helped a lot and turning off the tv.

ACTIVATE
Super User

I've bee working from home for 10+ years... but curveball has been that my wife is now home all day as well! I never realized how distracting it was even just knowing someone else is home.  Not to mention it's "fun" that she's around, and she doesn't want to hang out all day alone!

...so it makes me want to let off the gas pedal... but our clients need us more than every before...

Solution: I divide my day up - I work from the basement office the until around lunch with laser focus, then we exercise together outside and have lunch after, then I work from the laptop upstairs the 2nd half of the day. This variety helps tick all the boxes and I'm finding a new groove! 

LukeD047
Rookie

Great article and super relevant at this time!  I've been lucky to work form home 50% of the time for the last few years, but it took a while to get used to it.  

Two years ago I started Civil Tracker and the problem is that with a startup there is no end of work to do!  That's made it extra important to make a list of critical items and schedule breaks or I go crazy.

Speaking of going crazy, my wife is with our K and Gr2 kids at home!  The part on working at home with kids was helpful!

Resources

Marketing Digest

Check out marketing advice, tips, and tricks. All from our Constant Contact experts

Visit the blog

Support Tips

Social Media

"There's a multitude of ways to engage your audience through us using your social platforms - via ads, social post metrics, email links, and more! " - Will

See Article

Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article

Support Tips

Welcome Your Audience

"Greet new contacts with one or more automated Welcome Emails depending on their interests or your business goals." - Nick

See Article