Non-profit Donation Request Emails

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Non-profit Donation Request Emails

Good afternoon everyone.

My wife and I are ready to send out a donation request letter to our database of friends, families, and colleagues from our personal account, my question is, is this legal to do and is constant contact the right vehicle for that?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Non-profit Donation Request Emails

Hi @RichardM5627,

Thank you for your question. As long as you have the permission of the family, friends, and colleagues to email them then yes, there is no problem with using Constant Contact to deliver this donation request. The Donation Landing Page is not restricted to non-profits, but if you're not a 501(c)(3) organization, you need to consult your tax adviser about how funds raised through your landing page should be treated for tax purposes.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Welcome

Use this area to connect with other small businesses to share resources and advice on how you're responding to COVID-19 changes.