Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

5 Ways to Maximize National Small Business Week

[ Edited ]

shop small.PNG

Small Business Week is just around the corner and if you're looking for ways to get the most out of it, I've found a great post over at American Express Open Forum.

If you've never celebrated Small Business Week you may be a bit confused as to what it's all about and what you can do to honor it. Well don't worry, this post has some great tips!

One of the great ideas in the post, written by Constant Contact's own Rick Jensen, is to send out a special edition newsletter to your contacts to make them aware of Small Business Week. Your customers may not know about SMB week and this is a great way to inform and get them in your store!

For more ways on how to celebrate, just check out - 5 Ways to Maximize National Small Business Week

What do you have planned for Small Business Week? Have you celebrated it before?

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Re: 5 Ways to Maximize National Small Business Week

"What do you have planned for Small Business Week? Have you celebrated it before?"

We've never done anything for small business week but that's why I like coming in here. The articles and references help get the juices flowing. Thanks guys! 

I found what appears to be the official website for small business week: http://www.nationalsmallbusinessweek.com

It covers the conference including speakers, sponsors and more. I might attend one of these in the years to come. We're close to Washington, D.C.

Would love to see more people engage with this forum. Maybe in time. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hi,

I love that we could help get you inspired! Thanks for the link! If you see anything else related to Small Business Week, feel free to post it here on the board!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

[ Edited ]

Well, here's the most recent, official proclamation, in case anyone's interested:

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim May 15 through May 21, 2011, as Small Business Week.  I call upon all Americans to recognize the contributions of small businesses to the competitiveness of the American economy with appropriate programs and activities."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/05/12/presidential-proclamation-small-business-week

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hi Mike,

That's great! Did you know that John F. Kennedy and his administration came up with Small Business Week?

Pretty cool, right?

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

[ Edited ]

I knew it had been around for awhile but didn't know who started it. Thanks Jarrad!

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com