Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

5 Ways to Use Other People's Content in Your Marketing

duct_tape_marketing.png

Duct Tape Marketing is a great site if you're looking for tips for your small business. We tweet content  out to our followers on a regular basis from our @CTCThelp handle, and Duct Tape is a constant source of great content.

Speaking of content, I found a great post on their site that has some ways you could use other people's content in your marketing.

I particularly liked the section on Email newsletters. If you've found a great post or article that is related to your business, why not share it with your contacts?

Check out the full post - 5 Ways to Use Other People's Content in Your Marketing

Do you use other people's content in your marketing?

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Solution Provider
SpeakWellnSell

Re: 5 Ways to Use Other People's Content in Your Marketing

Thanks for sharing the post. I do like Duct Tape Marketing and John Jantsch. I've purchased a few of his books. I'll tell you where I use other peoples content in my marketing and that's with Twitter. I often scour the web looking for great articles for my community. I'll then comment on that post, then add it to Buffer, which is the tool I use to automate my Twitter feed. 

This way I'm not under pressure to always come up with own great content all the time. Oftentimes other people's content gets Retweeted more than my own! That's all right since I'm still garnering new followers in the process and they may be reading my smart comments on the post, which have a link to my website.

Speak Well and Sell
Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Good stuff. A word of caution. While this might work for tweets and Facebook posts, I wouldn't use it for your website. Ever since the Google "Panda" algorhythmic update, sites are being penalized for using duplicate content. To what extent, I don't know but where it once was the norm, webmasters are now all wary and are preferring instead to go with original content. Some major content sites were penalized severely during Panda and even updates since. Here's one article out of many that some of you might benefit from: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/duplicate-content-in-a-post-panda-world

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Thanks for the heads up Mike!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!