Occasional Visitor
MarkF99
Accepted Solution

IRS Disallowed Email Broadcasting As A Business Expense

The IRS disallowed my Constant Contact credit card reciept as a business expense. The auditor insisted on having a receipt that details the charges. So, I contacted Constant Contact Customer Support because the IRS wants reciepts dating back to 2008. My records were damaged in 2010.

The result was disappointing as customer support, which has always been steller, was unable to access the records. Vijay S sent me this response, "I have now forwarded your request to our billing team. They will get back to you on Monday." Nobody called.

To avoid this problem, download, print and save your invoices in a safe place. The operative word here is "SAFE".

Mark Flores
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: IRS Disallowed Email Broadcasting As A Business Expense

Hi mark,

I put in a request for receipts to be sent to you. The receipts will be for when you first signed up for Constant Contact. This can take 1- 2 business days.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor
MarkF99

Hi Jarrad,

I received an email with a summary of charges and payments since the inception of my account. Thank you for your help. Hopefully the IRS will accept the summary report as evidence of a business expense.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Flores
Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

So happy I could help!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!