Regular Visitor
PatrickS5

Can't Remove Generic Facebook Copy from Campaign Share

I shared a compaign on Facebook and it shows up like the image below.  My question is how to remove the generic copy about what Facebook is (see below).  It's ridiculous that this should be appended to my post from CC.  I called CC, and they said, basically, that's just the way it is, Facebook does that, and there was nothing they could do.

Has anyone else run into this?  If there's no way to remove it, I'm definitely not going to keep using Social Campaigns.  Makes me and my company look LESS well-versed in social media.

My Campaign Share on Facebook

Valued Contributor
JoeS0

Re: Can't Remove Generic Facebook Copy from Campaign Share

Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, this is something that Facebook is adding on their own. I don't know of any way to eliminate while using our Simple Share tool that we use to Share that campaign. However, if you go onto your Social Campaign in Facebook, copy that URL, you can paste that link onto any wall and you won't get the auto-generated Facebook text. Though not as quick as Simple Share, it does let you bypass what Facebook adds on their own.

I apologize that we can't do any more with this! If you have any other questions though, please let us know!

Joe

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Visitor
PatrickS5

Thank you, Joe!  I'll do the manual process you suggest.  Actually, that works well, too, because I can take the URL and schedule sharing via Hootsuite.  Have a good week!

Occasional Participant
AnnetteL

Not only does this method allow more flexibility in wording your facebook post, it finds the graphics within the cc email so you can choose which graphic from your email to highlight in your facebook post.

The simple share feature never picks a graphic to post in facebook. The graphic box in Simple Share,  though it allows you fo link to a graphic (from our website, for instance) the graphic never posts in facebook. It leaves the image space blank. Very frustrating and unprofessional looking. 

I am glad I read your post, Joe - even though it did not directly relate to my issue.

Annette

Hannah_M
Topics: 201

HI Annette, 

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble. When you use Simple Share does it not have any images to choose from? Are the images in your email pulling from the URL or your library on Constant Contact?

I am happy to take a closer look if you would like. Just let us know if we have permission and what the name of the Social Campaign you are working on is.

Thanks,

Hannah McClure
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!