Occasional Contributor
John_Morgan
Accepted Solution

Facebook Promotion Guidelines

I have been looking in to using the new Social Campaigns, but to me it looks like it violates Facebook's Promotion Guidelines.  Specifically under sections 3.  "You must not use Facebook features or functionality as a promotion's registration or entry mechanism.  For example the act of liking a Page or checking into a place cannot automaticall register or enter a promotion participant."  However, section 4 seems to say the exact opposite.  "You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page..."  I assuming Constant Contact's legal department worked all of this out with Facebook, but I don't want to inadvertantly shoot myself in the foot (especially with something I'm paying for).

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Re: Facebook Promotion Guidelines

Hi John,

Social Campaigns is designed to help you be compliant with Facebook's policies, just remember the following:

• By using a third-party application such as Social Campaigns, you are permitted to Like-Gate your offers, including sweepstakes, so long as your offer appears on your Reveal Page so that your existing fans can also take part
  • Liking your page cannot automatically enter a user into a contest or sweepstakes, so make sure to include a sign-up form on your reveal page if you want to accept entries into a promotion
  • If you're not sure about your specific offer, be sure to review Facebook's Promotions Guidelines

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor
John_Morgan

Re: Facebook Promotion Guidelines

Thanks for the clarification.  All that legal stuff flies right over my head!