Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Social Campaign Best Practices

[ Edited ]

Social Campaigns Best Practice #1 - Create a Dynamite Offer

Whether you're selling products, services or promoting a cause, you want to build your campaign around something that will get people to Like and share your Page with their friends.

Think about what you can offer - whether it's a discount, exclusive content, or a sweepstakes.

How will you know if your offer is good enough? Ask yourself if you would act on it if you were on the other side of the equation.

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Marissa_R

Re: Social Campaign Best Practices

Social Campaigns Best Practice #2 - Build a Full Campaign Plan

You can schedule your social campaign to run for as long as you like, but the most successful campaigns have a 2- to 3- week window where you can publish, promote, and drive action around it.

Before you start telling the world about your campaign, write out the handful of ways you are going to keep the momentum going over the course of the campaign on your Page, in your store, and anywhere else you talk with customers.

Include your email newsletter, Twitter, and any other place you connect with those people you want to reach.

Marissa Rogers

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #3: Have a clear and single call-to-action

When people come to your Facebook page for the first time, don't dance around the issue - make it clear that you want them to "Like" your page and why.

Then, once they have "Liked" you, be clear about what you want them to do next - whether it be:

• sharing your campaign
  • downloading a whitepaper
  • joining your email list
  • giving you feedback on your wall

It would be nice for all of those things to happen, but being clear about the top objective will help you see measurable results.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #4 - Promote your offer across all of your communications channels

There is no single method for promoting your campaign that guarantees results. That's why it's important to tell your audience about your offer wherever you can:

• include it in your email newsletter
  • promote it in your place of business
  • tell visitors to your trade show booth
  • post it on all of your social networks
  • share it on your personal profile
  • write a blog post about it

You may also want to consider buying Facebook Ads or Sponsored Stories to promote your Page and your campaign. They are relatively inexpensive and an easy way to target exactly who you want to reach.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #5 - Check your stats

It's important to understand what networks are driving the most people to visit your Facebook page, Like it, and share your offer with their own networks.

By checking your stats using Constant Contact's tool and Facebook Insights, you can see who is connecting with you, and where your time might be best spent to get the biggest return. You can also determine if your offer is as compelling as you had hoped it would be.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #6 - Keep your fans up to date

One of the best ways to keep your fans engaged in a social campaign is to provide them with updates on how it's going. Post to your wall about how many people have taken advantage of your offer - "Are you one of the 73 people who have downloaded our exclusive white paper?" - or how much longer it will be available. This is a great way to drive urgency and increase social sharing.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #7 - Encourage fans to join your email list

Once you have people coming to your Facebook Page, encourage them to join your email list as well by adding a "Join My List" block to your campaign. For each social campaign, you should create a custom contact list so you'll know where the subscribers came from. Then you'll be able to easily engage them on similar topics via email marketing down the road.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #8 - Say "thank you"

Social media marketing is all about providing something of value to your current and potential connections. In exchange, they Like your Page and/or share your message with their friends. As in real life, if you are asking someone to do something and they do it, make sure to say "thanks".

For example, a nice Facebook wall post or email that thanks people for participating in and sharing your campaign can go a long way towards building strong, long-term relationships.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #9 - Have fun with it

Social campaigns, and social media marketing in general, present a great opportunity to show the personality of not only an organization, but the people who work there. In most cases, you'll want to be light in tone and have some fun so your customers have a pleasant experience interacting with you.

Marissa Rogers

Marissa_R

Social Campaigns Best Practice #10 - Do it again

Good marketers have a steady stream of marketing campaigns ready throughout the year. You won't want to do the same thing every time, but you will want to keep engaging your audience and encouraging them to share by offering new things every month - whether they are:

• access to an upcoming event
  • an exclusive recipe
  • a holiday special
  • a limited time offer
  • access to a special video for fans

Take a few minutes to think about what you can offer each month and you'll quickly have a marketing plan for the next year.

Marissa Rogers