Social Media Icons

SOLVED
Go to solution
DonnaM78
Rookie

I've added social block to my scheduled email campaign.  When I send a test email, I can see and click the links to facebook, twitter, and pintrist.  But when I go into the draft to edit these (change the Pintrist account, add Instagram, etc.) they aren't visible in the template.  I've tried creating a new template, drag the social block in, and same thing - no icons display, are editable. etc.

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adrienne_B
Employee

Hi @DonnaM78 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I believe I was able to assist you via social media. If you run into other troubles, feel free to reach out. Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Adrienne_B
Employee

Hi @DonnaM78 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I believe I was able to assist you via social media. If you run into other troubles, feel free to reach out. Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Bethany275
Campaign Collaborator

Hi!

I have the same issue. In addition to not being able to find the social media icons, there are duplicates, because I keep adding new ones. I'm sure once I can see them, I'll be able to remove them. What was the solution?

Thanks!

Amber_L
Employee

Hello @Bethany275 ,

I've taken a look at your account and I was able to see the social media icons in your emails so this may be related to a connectivity issue.  Although the previous guide goes over many possible steps to take to test this, I would recommend starting by trying another browser to see if they issue occurs there as well. 

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues after following those steps. 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Bethany275
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you! It was a problem with my browser. Everything's working now.

writing-rabbit
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  I've tried it in safari and chrome.  I need to put urls in my social icons and when I click edit, no social panel opens, in fact the whole left panel disappears.  Same thing in both browsers.

user726574
Rookie

I am new here and looking for help on how can I add my social profile links/username in my profile page? I want to add my organization: social media pages/username in my profile page of this community.

William_A
Administrator

Hey there @user726574 ,

If you'd like to connect social media profiles to your Community profile you'll need to:

Click on your icon in the top-right corner, select My Settings, select the social tab, then simply choose the social media type you want to connect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
VeraM86
Rookie
0 Votes

DId anyone ever get a response on how to view the social media icons in your template? I can't see the answer anywhere and am having this issue. Thanks.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @VeraM86 ,

It looks like you already spoke with a chat agent, but for the sake of visibility it looks like your issue was connected to a Campaign Creator trying to add the social icons. Due to restrictions on Campaign Creator capabilities, the social media icons were not available to insert or edit in the campaign. These can only be added and edited by Managers or the Owner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST