cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Social Share

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Social Share

I'm wondering if I still have the ability to pre-schedule my not-yet-sent emails to post on social media when they've been sent. We used to be able to do this.The Help information on Social Share says I am unable to do this until after the email has been sent. Can someone tell me when this changed or if I am missing something? Thanks much.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Social Share

Hello @GardenersC,

Social Share posts can only be scheduled after the email is sent or if it is scheduled for a later date. 

If it is scheduled for later, the earliest you can post to social share is after the email sends. If you cancel the scheduled email and put it back into draft mode, you will have to reschedule the Social Posts when you reschedule the email. This ensures that the email campaign is the same for all postings/sends. 

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for the response.

Until more recently, I was able to schedule my social media posts at the same time I scheduled my email. This is more convenient as I am not at work when my email will be sent, therefore, my social posts will now have to wait until I am back in. I would encourage Constant Contact to bring back the calendaring feature that allowed customers to set up multiple social posts in advance of sending an email.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @GardenersC,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I do apologize that you are unable to schedule your posts at the same time you schedule your email. You should be able to schedule your social share posts directly after you schedule your email so that they can all go out at around the same time. I will definitely submit your feedback on this! Thanks again. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.