cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

social share

Occasional Contributor

social share

i haven't seen my email post on my facebook page in some time... has social share changed? I tried to check the address but can't find a place to do that.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: social share

Hi @ShellyL60506 

That's a great question! Our Social Share process has not changed. Once you have scheduled your campaign, you will still be given the option to create a post for your social media pages. In fact I have taken a look at a few of your most recent campaigns and can see your social share posts do have an error message. Do you see this error as well? If you do see this message, you will also see a "want to send it now" button. Does clicking this button allow your post to show on your Facebook or Twitter page? If not, I would suggest manually sharing your campaign through its permanent URL instead. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and have tracked this experience in your account.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I have had the same problem for some time (at least the last 2 months) as well. I get an error every time I try and share a promotion to Facebook, but it will post to Twitter with no problem. There is clearly something going on.

Hi @AdrianaM82 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Was the campaign still set as scheduled when you attempted to create a social share post? This is a helpful detail to have as we are continuing to troubleshoot this experience. I have taken a look at your most recent campaign and can see this post did in fact fail to publish. With that said there should be an option on the failed post to "Want to send it now?"

2019-05-29_13-33-53.png

Clicking this button on the post should publish your post now that your campaign has sent. Did clicking send it now work for you? Manually sharing your campaign through its permanent URL instead is the second workaround we suggest as well.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

lol, i never open my facebook for 2 yearrrrrr and my account still fine haha.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @user74206,

We are glad to hear your account is working well! If you choose to use social share please click on this helpful article about how to connect your social media accounts to social share.  It definitely helps you stay in contact with potential customers on social media. Thank you! 

Zoe_H