Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

10 Facebook Tips for Power Users

Mashable.png

Looking to make the most out of your time on Facebook?: I've got 10 tips which will have you Facebookin' like a pro.

I have a love/hate relationship with my news feed. Some of the stuff that comes through is great while some is...well if you don't have anything nice to say, you probably shouldn't say it.

I was fortunate enough to come across this Mashable post which showed me I had some control over what comes through my feed. All I needed to do is click on the pencil icon that magically appears when I put my cursor on "News Feed". I clicked "Edit Settings" and I was able to hide posts from certain people, pages and apps.

Now when I view my news feed, I don't groan as loudly as I used to.

For more tips, check out - 10 Facebook Tips for Power Users

Do you have any Facebook tips? Share them with the Community!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Re: 10 Facebook Tips for Power Users

Cool tip Jarrad and I'm definitely going to check that article out. 

Hey, I liked your comment about "...if you don't have anything nice to say, you probably shouldn't say it." I just wrote an article about that very thing last week and sent it to our list. We had some nice replies. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hi Mike,

You should share that email on the Critique My Campaign board. Would love to check it out!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Here'e the article itself: 

How did we become such a rude society?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. That is an old saying that you don't hear much anymore. Like many things that are good for us, it has fallen by the wayside and replaced with an edgier, less diplomatic discourse that borders on outright rudeness at times. It's a shame that we have accepted this as the norm in our society. I think it's the fault of many parents who fell upon lazy habits and who didn't care enough to instill good values into their children. I also think it's the fault of adults who are more worried about what their friends think of them than having the courage to stand up for what's right.

It's interesting that a lot of people point the finger elsewhere when talking about our world's problems. If they only realized that they themselves could be an integral part of the solution. Just speaking up is a good start. When a friend refers to a musician by saying, "That guy sucks!" then we can say, "Well, he might not be the best I've heard, but he's not that bad." You could also say something positive about the musician to counter the negative. This would send the signals to your friend that such an abrasive attitude is less than desirable and/or simply unacceptable. Imagine if we all did this. Maybe we wouldn't be seeing as many trashy comments on YouTube videos or in forums. Maybe we wouldn't be seeing political commentators stooping to such a low level when delivering criticisms about candidates.

Being a rude society is not much different than being a fat society. It's nothing to be proud of. With food, we must realize that to get thin, we need to eat healthier and exercise more. With communication, the only way to get back to being a more polite and civil society is to remind ourselves what our great grandmothers preached: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Or, at the very least, be diplomatic when you say it. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hi Mike,

Really great piece with some great words of wisdom!

Loved it!

Thanks for sharing,

Jarrad

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Thank you Jarrad. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com