TelosAlliance

CC Facebook app is not letting me administer it

Hi all,

I have been using the Facebook "Join My Mailing List" app for about a year now on one of my company's pages, and have had no problems.

We are launching another brand page, and I am trying to add the CC app to that page as well. I have installed the app to my new page, but when I click the "Go To App" link to attempt to configure the app, I receive an error message:

You are using Facebook as (Page Name)

To access this page, you'll need to switch from using Facebook as your page to using Facebook as yourself.

So, I hit the "Continue as (myself)"  button, and one of two things happens:

1. A message says "Oops! An unexpected error occured. " Or...
  2. A message says "Oops! Only the owner of this page can change its settings. "

I cannot, now, even change settings on the page that already has the CC App successfully deployed.

It appears others are having this trouble as well: see comments at https://www.facebook.com/ctctjmml

Please help!

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: CC Facebook app is not letting me administer it

[ Edited ]

Hi Kirk,

Just to make sure I understand completely. you have 2 Facebook Pages under your Personal Page.  1 already has the JMML App on the page but you can not add it to the other.

Let's try this:

When you are logged in as yourself, on your personal page, head on over to the Constant Contact Labs - Join My Mailing List Page.

When you are there, click on Add to my Page on the left. 

JMML App.png

You should then receive a popup to choose your Facebook page to add it to.  Let me know if that doesn't happen!

Thanks!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participating Solution Provider
Debi_K

Join My Mailing List

I have the join my list app on all my fanpages for each of my clients - it works flawlessly. The only problem i have found is when CC changed their username requirements, I had to change my username in order to get access - but that was months ago. 

Debi Katsmar. 

Debi Katsmar
Your Design Vehicle
905-684-6030
graphics@designsbydebik.com
2008, 2009, 2010 Constant Contact All-Star / Expert
TelosAlliance

I think I found the problem!

When I go to one of my business pages - Any of them, even the legacy page on which JMML is installed and working - and nav to the JMML tab, then click "Application Settings", I get the message "Oops! Only the owner of this page can change settings."

I discovered, though, that if I click my browser's "Back" button and try the link again, I am allowed into the config page and prompted for my CC login info.

Looks as if there's a bug in the Facebook UI that's making this happen.

Participating Solution Provider
Debi_K

Join My Mailing List

I'll have to experiment to see if I can get the same thing to happen - everything has always worked for me. 

Debi. 

Debi Katsmar
Your Design Vehicle
905-684-6030
graphics@designsbydebik.com
2008, 2009, 2010 Constant Contact All-Star / Expert
Occasional Visitor
JoanM22

Well - I tried to add the app for one of my clients this morning - I am an administrator of the page, but the app will not let me set it up - I get the same message as you did "Oops, only the owner of the page can...." Backspace or back didn't work as it did for you. So far, nothing I have tried has worked. Interesting. It has always worked in the past. 

Debi.

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that these steps would help for editing the Join My Mailing List app for Facebook.

First I'd like to make sure the Join My List app is uninstalled completely and then we will reinstall it. Please log into Facebook through a personal profile, we will need to remove it from there as well:

1. Please log into Facebook, in the upper right hand corner of the page you should see an upside down triangle in the blue area, click that and choose "Account Settings".
  2. On the left side of the page will be different options, click Apps.
  3. There may be a long list of apps, look for “Constant Contact Labs - Join My Mailing List” and click the X to the right of the description. Choose Remove.
  4. Click the Facebook button on the upper left hand corner of the screen. On the left side of the screen there should be an option for Pages, if you don't see your business page, click on the word Pages and choose the business page you want to remove the app from.

Now we need to “Remove the App” from all business Pages you are an admin for:

1. On your Business Page there will be an Edit Page button in the upper right hand side, click it and on the left side of the screen click the Apps button. There will be a list of installed Apps, look for Constant Contact Labs - Join My Mailing List and click the X to the right of the description. Choose Remove.
  2. Repeat for any other page you are an admin on.

Now that it has been removed, we need to install the Join My List App:

1. While still logged into Facebook go to  http://www.facebook.com/ctctjmml
  2. On the left side of the page click the link "Add to My Page"
  3. You may see a list of pages you manage, choose the Add to Page button to the right of the name of the page and click Close
  4. Access the business page however way you normally get to it and click the Join My List button on the left side of the page
  5. Click the "Application Settings" under the Join List button, click Log In and then Allow
  6. You may need to log into your Constant Contact Account if prompted and then change the app settings to your liking. Click Save Settings, you should see a message "Changes have been saved."  That completes the install.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!