Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 89

[Study] Pinterest is Now the No. 3 Social Network in the U.S.

[ Edited ]

Mashable.png

Are you on Pinterest? Chances are you've probably checked it out at some point in the last 6 months. Buzz for Pinterest has been building for quite some time and now there are numbers to prove we're all pin crazy, at least in the U.S.

A new report from Experian Hitwise shows that Pinterest is now the number 3 most popular social network in the U.S. behind Facebook and Twitter. The site has grown an incredible amount in the last few months. We even added a new Pinterest button for your newsletters!

For more stats from the study, check out - Pinterest is Now the No. 3 Social Network in the U.S.

What do you think of how these results were measured?  Is Pinterest here to stay?

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Re: [Study] Pinterest is Now the No. 3 Social Network in the U.S.

I knew this would happen. Everyone in my family was talking about pinterest last year, even my kids. There's something addictive about it and when that happens, it usually takes off. They've created a nice, practical interface that's a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hey Mike,

Pinterest has definitely got an incredible amount of buzz around it. I've heard rumblings for quite some time, but didn't take notice until late 2011.

It will definitely be interesting to see where this goes. I remember Quora had an incredible amount of buzz around it for some time, but it has kind of got lost in the shuffle.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Jarrad, I could be wrong but I think Pinterest is going to stick. It's got a catchy and simplistic design that reels you in and the ease of use is a plus too IMO. I guess we'll see. Mashable just rated it as #3 social network in the US. 

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com
Jarrad_M

Hi Mike,

I too think Pinterest has a good chance of sticking around.

According to the Mashable article, the research firm that conducted the study chose to use total number of visits rather than unique visits. 

ComScore which does track unique visits rather than overall, did not list Pinterest in its top 50 web properties for February.

Very interesting to see where this goes!

Jarrad

Regular Advisor
BuyGifts.com

Interesting Jarrad. I didn't read the article but I was surprised that it could be rated #3 so fast. We have a good presence in Pinterest but get much more traffic from StumbleUpon. I think that's one that often gets overlooked. 

By the way, it's sad to see all the Pinterest copycats coming onto the scene. In some cases, they don't even have the decency to change the look and feel. Case in point: Pinspire.com

Mike Donovan
BuyGifts.com