Advisor
KatharineFarrell

Using QR Codes To Generate More User Reviews

If we met and you spent 10 minutes telling me how great you are, I might believe you. It would be a lot quicker and more effective, if your friend sang your praises instead.  This is the same reason that only 14% of people trust ads and 78% of people trust consumer recommendations (Neilson Global Trust in Advertising Survey, 2007).  In order to validate your marketing messages, you need reviews from your customers and you can gather reviews easily using QR codes.  QR codes are barcodes that can be scanned by most modern smartphones. You can have your QR code direct to an online survey, feedback from or your Yelp profile.  It’s easy to generate a QR code for no cost and once you’ve done that you can post it on print materials, coupons even signs! By asking for reviews now, you’ll have stronger SEO and more compelling marketing messages for this upcoming holiday season.

To learn more about generating and using reviews, attend Constant Contact's Holiday Promotions Planning & Design webinar.

Marissa_R
Topics: 435
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 306
Solutions: 85

Re: Using QR Codes To Generate More User Reviews

That's a great use for QR codes! I never thought of that!

Community Members:

How are you asking for reviews? Are you?

Have you ever used a QR code before?

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Contributing Solution Provider
Sumner

Join My Mailing List

QR Codes can now be customized to actually include a logo image.

I use customized QR codes for all my client's websites and products. I had not considered them for reviews, however, since they can be linked to any specific page, I could create one to land on a comment page. That is something to consider.

The best use I have witnessed using a QR code was a charity event, where the servers had the code on their shirt fronts and/or backs. You scanned their shirt and it took you to a donation page. They raised more funds than ever that night.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner M. Davenport

Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
Advisor
KatharineFarrell

[ Edited ]

Great point! Utilizing a branded QR is a fantastic way to improve awareness. This article nicely explains how a branded QR code can really differentiate your brand and positiviely impact the consumer experience. 

Tiffany &Co. put a QR code on a cookie to promote New York Fashion week. I'm not sure how effective it was, but I'm sure it was delicious!

Occasional Visitor
AnnaW677

Actually I've been using a very good website to generate bar Codes free online,

KEEPAUTOMATION   barCode Reader

It's very easy to use when I need to encode either a website or any other information, so I just want to share it with you!

Advisor
KatharineFarrell

That's fantastic you are using QR codes to grow your business, Anna! Constant Contact also implemented a great way to easily use QR codes with our Scan-to-Join feature. With Scan-to-Join, you can create a QR code for your customers to scan and easily join your list right from their phone. 

You can learn more about how to implement that new feature here: http://constantcontact.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5581/kw/scan-to-join/r_id/111930