Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Re: social share - do you need to have your emails archived for it to work

Hi,

Is this when your email is currently sending? You cannot share an email until it has been sent.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
MichelleH865

Is there a way to add a share button from ShareThis to each article in an email? I though CC used to allow html coding for emails...

I also am uncomfortable with the CC simple share ... not just for the intrusive amount of info wanted from my FB account, but also the CC branding that is all over the post. I don't mind the discreet branding at the bottom of each email, but the FB shares are incredibly intrusive for me to use for clients or my own business. You might reconsider your strategy and go smaller if you want branded businesses to use your products.

Mhippler

Marissa_R
Topics: 436
Kudos: 215
Blog Posts: 307
Solutions: 85

Hi Michelle,

We don't have a way to insert share this links for each article in an email.   I will pass along your feedback to our Product Owners and hopefully they will implement this in a future release. I apologize for the trouble.

As for our Simple Share, you don't have to use that in order to share your emails on your Social Networks.  Instead, once your email has been sent, try this:

Click on the Email Marketing tab

Click on the blue name of your email to bring you to "Email Sent Summary"

On the right, click the "More Options" link.

Then from there you can choose which Social Network to share

There is no branding from there other than our URL.

I hope that helps!  Thanks for your suggestion!

Marissa Rogers
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant
C-C_Rookie

Hi there,

I love CC however sometimes the updates are hard to catch up with. I understand Simple Share is for me to share on my social networking sites however there used to be a feature so that my recipients could also share the newsletter on FB/LI/Twittter etc however that feature looks like it no longer exists. Please advise.

Thanks

Occasional Participant
C-C_Rookie

Got it. It's now been moved to under Message Options. The development happens faster than the Community or Help info can keep up with it. This video isn't what I was looking for however it shows the Share buttons in the only location: http://img.constantcontact.com/training/tutorial/simpleshare/simpleshare.htm

Jarrad_M
Topics: 276
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 89

Hi Rich,

Do you still need assistance?

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Participant
C-C_Rookie

I'm good, thank you. Love CC but the updates are tough sometimes...