cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd G editor and Custom Code

SOLVED
All Star

3rd G editor and Custom Code

The much fanfared Third Generator editor allows the use of tags to EXCLUDE certain contacts from mailings.   I want to use Custom Code, but as soon as I do this, the editor switches back to the "old" one.

So the question is, how do I use exclude tags and custom code?

Simon Woodall

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 3rd G editor and Custom Code

Hi @Simon_Woodall 

I definitely understand the importance of sending your campaigns to the correct contacts! I apologize the option to exclude a tag is not an available feature. The limit by tag feature on a custom code email sends only to contacts who are on your selected with the tag. The option to exclude your tagged contacts from receiving your email, is only available in our Third Generation Editor. As a workaround we would suggest copying your list with these tagged contacts not included in it.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Yes, this is what I had been doing, it means that tagging becomes a pointless exercise, and that the old fashioned way of Multiple Lists becomes the only way forward.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @Simon_Woodall 

I can certainly understand your request and I have submitted your feedback to our team. Please feel free to reach out should you need anything else. 

Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great weekend. 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!