cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a border around entire email?

Occasional Participant

Add a border around entire email?

This seems like it should be so simple, but I'm having the worst time finding a solution. 

I used the "brand my email with my website" option to create my first campaign. I'm trying to add a thin border around my entire email (not an image or block of text...the entire email) to separate the background from the body of the email. 

I've researched this to death and cannot find an answer. Quite honestly, I don't know if I'm using second or third generation editor. A few posts mention a "style sheet" but that's in second generation and I don't see where to access my style sheet. 

I'd like to send this email today and I'm beyond frustrated with this. Any help is greatly appreciated! It shouldn't be this difficult! I'm sure it's user error! :-)

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Add a border around entire email?

Hello @PamB387,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Unfortunately, this is a feature that we do not have in our third generation editing system yet. I did submit your feedback to our engineers for review and you will be notified with any new updates! I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you and have a wonderful day. 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

If the third generation editor does not have the capability to add a border to the body of the email, then why do numerous help pages for the third gen editor show a border around the body? This is incredibly misleading and likely confusing more than just a few users.

Example: 

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/11522-moving-from-the-second-genera...

Hi @DavidW87936

I apologize for any confusion caused from the images in our Help Center. There are templates that  have a border by default but some do not. An example of a template with a border is our Basic Newsletter. At this time, being able to add a border around the entire email in a template where it is not a default is not available. This is however a feature request I have submitted in your account. I also did want to note we have made updates to our templates that  allow you to add borders to specific blocks in your emails.

2018-11-06_12-25-53.png

These blocks can be found when you create a brand new email in your account.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!