Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons & Dividers in 3GE

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Buttons & Dividers in 3GE

I am starting a new campaign in the 3GE and I see a button to change color for "Buttons & Dividers". Our brand color is red, so I want red buttons, but I do NOT want red dividers or a red border around my email, which is what I am getting. Why would you lump these settings together? I need to be able to set colors independently of each other like I could in the old editor.  Please fix this or else I will have to go back to using the old editor.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Buttons & Dividers in 3GE

Hello @Clairebear

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! I'm glad you are giving our newest editor a try! You should find the color options for buttons and dividers in the Design tab on the left side of the screen. Alternatively, if you want to change the color of the buttons and dividers individually, you do have the option that you can click in to the button or divider you wish to change. Once the formatting window pops up, you will see the option to change the color of the button or divider. It will be a square icon with the current color of the divider or button. 

Please feel free to reach back out to us if you have any other questions on this. Have a great day!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

I did eventually figure out how to change these colors, but I strongly suggest you consider making at least the button color option separate from dividers. In order to remove the colored border around my email (which you can't edit individually), I now have a default button color of white. When I add a new button, it's very annoying to have to guess which is the correct option to change the background color.

Edit to attach images

Red buttons gives a thick red border around the the entire email. I can adjust the divider lines individually, but not the border.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.26.57 AM.pngWhite "Buttons & Dividers" to remove the red border makes new buttons disappear. Then I have to change their color individually.

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 8.29.47 AM.png

Please make these separate options in the editor on the left side.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @Clairebear,

I'm glad that you were able to at least get the look that your were hoping for, but I can absolutely see what you mean about those buttons disappearing.  We're tracking a feature request for that exact reason, and I'm adding you to the list of people who want a separation in the default button and divider colors.  If you have any other feedback please let us know so we can pass that along to the development team as well.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!