cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

Changes to formatting from test to final version

Occasional Contributor

Changes to formatting from test to final version

I've had repeated issues with formatting using the third-generation editor, most of which I've found ways to troubleshoot. As part of that process, I send test versions of every draft of my organization's newsletter, which we view on mobile and desktop devices. Today our newsletter went out with a formatting error (headline and background appearing the same color). This issue did not appear anywhere in the test that was sent just an hour before. Any idea what could be going on or how to avoid this in the future? 

Thanks,
Emily

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Changes to formatting from test to final version

Hey @EmilyS5911,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear that the email went out with the formatting error, I would be happy to help troubleshoot it. My first question is, did the error occur in all domains or just a specific one? What I mean by that is, did it occur in your company's email or also Gmail, Yahoo, and all other providers? Also, did you make any changes before scheduling the email? Thank you for your time! 

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Hi Desi,

Thanks for your response. We haven't been alerted to the issue in any other email clients besides our work email (Outlook). 

I tested links in the email before scheduling but ONLY in my email client (I clicked the links in the test email sent to my Outlook inbox, NOT in the Constant Contact draft.) Otherwise, there were no formatting changes made between drafts. 

Please let me know if you'd like to see screenshots or discuss by phone. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @EmilyS5911,

Thank you for that information. I apologize for any inconvenience this is causing and I would love to do some more research on this for you. Can you please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com the title of your email newsletter, what version of Outlook this formatting issue is occurring in, screenshots of what is happening, a reference to this post, and your username. If you prefer to talk about this over the phone, please give us a call. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.