cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing HTML in third generation editor

Highlighted

Re: Editing HTML in third generation editor

May I also add to the list of things that HTML fixed?

Since we can't adjust the default social media links associated with our account, I have to adjust the social media links every time we use a new template. Somehow with the new editor, two of our default social media links point to one company/group. The other points to another group. Therefore, it is always wrong when I start a new email.

I used to keep a copy of the social media block code that I could paste into my emails. This took 30 seconds and once I copied in my little code snippet, I knew the links were correct at the size I prefer.

With the new advanced editor, this "check" takes much longer and is more clicks. Even making the menu on the side long enough so that I can see the entire social media link without clicking and scrolling to the end of the box would help. I have five different social media "groups" that need to change depending on the email. Even though adding social media icons/buttons is faster, it is not helpful if they are not correct. It was not pleasant getting nastygrams from our constituents before I realized that our default accounts had shifted with the new editor.

I like the new editor when it works, but this lack of HTML coding seems like a GLARING omission.

Hi @CFGG_MarketingDept

You sure can add your feedback on this as well! So thank you for sharing this information here in the Community. Both having HTML access and the option to have multiple social media accounts connected are both feature requests I have tracked in your account. A workaround we suggest is inserting your desired social icons as images that can be linked to the correct URLs. Doing this will allow you to have separate social media accounts connected to your campaigns.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

I'm another user upset about the loss of the HTML editor due to some of the same issues "Mark" mentions. I see that there's an option to create a new campaign with HTML, but I need to make edits to one I've already created. The inability to position the images in particular is a huge inconvenience.

Tags (3)
Occasional Visitor

3rd generation editor -- that is a joke.

CC now has a 1st generation editor that doesn't work.  Fonts don't change when commanded. At least in the old version you could go into HTML and change it.

It's probably time for me to find a new platform that works.

Advisor

I want to be able to write or alter all my own code directly.  I've used the Advanced Editor with you for 20 years. Can you please put the Advanced Editor back?

Tags (2)

Hi @hvhibiscus

Our Advanced Editor for custom code emails is still available! You can access this editor by clicking Create under the Campaigns tab of your account. You'll then get a pop-up where you have to select Email and click "Custom code" in the top right hand corner.

campaigns-tab-collapsed-folders-draft-emails-and-create-button-step12 (1).png

Select_a_Campaign_Email_Step3_NoCoupon (1).png

3ge-template-picker-standard-tab-custom-code-step4 (2).png

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

Ah!!!!! I couldn't find it anywhere! Thank you!!!!!!!!! Perfect!

Tags (2)

Hi @hvhibiscus

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help point you in the right direction. Please reach out again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Frankie P.

We need to edit html in third generation blocks, this gives us the flexibility to do advanced integrations. Also, we prefer to edit the code over a WYSIWYG.

Tags (2)
Advisor

You can fully edit code in the new editor. It was my mistake! I write all my code from scratch for most of my newsletters, and it works just fine. 

Tags (2)