cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For one user, our emails will not format (only unformatted text appears).

Occasional Contributor

For one user, our emails will not format (only unformatted text appears).

I have received a report from one of our subscribers that our emails do not format on her computer. By "not format" I mean there's only a dense wall of text, of which a fragment is appended at the end of the message. All the text appears to be there, in a single jumble with no formatting, color, images, whatever. 

I am using the Third Gen. editor. I do not know, but believe she had this problem with 2nd Gen, as she says it's been going on a long time, and she's just now reporting it because she's curious why we keep sending this mess! She is using the current Thunderbird on Windows 7. I have about 750 people on my mailing list, with about 250 opens for each of the 2 regular emails I send and have heard no other complaints, so it really looks like something wrong at her end, but I wish I could tell her what to try! My personal guess is that for some reason Thunderbird doesn't like html. I am also posting this on a Thunderbird forum. Any suggestions?

Sample follows: 

You won't want to miss… Wednesday, May 22, 2019 In this issue… This week's calendar Message from Fr. Moki Announcements Camp Mokule‘ia comes to the Cathedral! Planned Giving Workshop June 8 Banners return to Von Holt! Evensong honoring Hartwell Lee Loy Nohona Hawai‘i meeting Godly Play This Week at the Cathedral Thursday, May 23 12:00 pm: AA-History 101, Davies Hall 5:00 pm: Centering Prayer, Clergy Vesting Room Friday, May 24 12:00 pm: AA-High Nooners Group, Davies Hall 8:00 pm: AA-Aloha Friday, Davies Hall Saturday, May 25 10:00 am: 808 Green Thumbs Seedling Swap Davies Hall 5:30 pm: Vigil Eucharist - Rite 2, Cathedral choir 8:00 pm: NA - Saturday Night Honolulu, Von Holt Sunday, May 26 7:00 am: Holy Eucharist, Rite 1 Cathedral 8:00 am: Holy Eucharist, Rite 2 with the Hawaiian Choir, Cathedral 9:15 am: Gospel Reflections, The Manger 10:30 am: Sung Eucharist, Rite 2 with the Cathedral Choir 7:30 pm: NA Sunday Ohana Meeting, Davies Hall Monday, May 27 Office closed, in-house work day 9:00 am: Mahjongg group, The Manger 12:00 pm: AA - High Nooners Group, Davies Hall 7:00 pm: AA - Kane ali'i, Davies Hall Tuesday, May 21 7:00 pm: AA - Beretania Discussion Group, Davies Hall 5:30 pm: Cathedral Chapter, The Manger, All welcome! Wednesday, May 29 10:00 am: Bible Study, Von Holt Rm. 11:30 am: Holy Eucharist, Cathedral Full calendar of events Message from Fr. Moki The Rev. Cn. R.K. "Moki" Hino is the Cathedral's Canon Administrator & Priest-in-Charge. His messages are a regular feature of eNews, and posted on the Cathedral website along with his past sermons. Dear Cathedral Ohana: Now that summer is upon us and it’s getting lighter earlier in the morning, I wake up and I go out on my balcony and look out at Punchbowl Crater, thinking of Hartwell as well the relatives of mine who also have Punchbowl as their final resting place. Drinking coffee and watching the sunrise over Punchbowl is a wonderful opportunity to sit and reflect on various periods of my life, whether the past day, the past year, the past decade and sometimes even the past or current job. I often use the acronym of ACTS to say my prayers, meaning Adoration and Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication. And when I see the sunrise, sometimes I ask God to show me what I have to be grateful for and then I am flooded with words and images and I realize that I am blessed by the richness of my life and the richness of my ministry here with all of you. Stewardship Event About a year ago we had a very engaging gathering where we discussed hopes and dreams for the Cathedral. The Stewardship Committee and I would like to build on that by holding a session where I will facilitate a discernment of spiritual gifts in an effort to see how we might match your gifts with the hopes and dreams of the congregation. The committee would like to hold.....

3 REPLIES 3

Re: For one user, our emails will not format (only unformatted text appears).

Hi @ShawnR55 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I apologize your email is displaying like this for your contact. Images not displaying properly is usually caused by settings in an email client or security program. Are their images are enabled to display? If not, I would suggest having them update this setting in their email clientAfter sending myself a copy of this campaign you've mentioned, I was unable to replicate this experience in my own Thunderbird. Please let us know if making this change helps your reader! If for some reason it does not, please reach out again with a screenshot of what they are seeing. We would be happy to help any way we can!

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Frankie. However, the problem isn't images not displaying properly, it that nothing is formatted at all. Like the sample I sent you, all text is run together without line breaks or paragraph marks or any formatting whatsoever. Just a solid wall of text. And, I myself use Thunderbird (though on a Mac), and I'm sure we have multiple Thunderbird users, so there is something peculiar in how it is set up. I have also raised this issue on a Thunderbird forum, but was hoping you might have seen instances of this before.

Elizabeth

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @ShawnR55,

I apologize that this issue is still not fixed. As we are unable to replicate this issue we will need to gather some more information for troubleshooting purposes. Please email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com a screenshot of the formatting errors, your username, a reference to this post, and an explanation of what is occurring. Thank you! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.