Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

Hello!

I've been dealing with a problem for a few months now and thought I found a solution but it is still occurring... 

I set font sizes and colors to be consistent throughout my organization's newsletter, but the sizes vary widely in the mobile display. I thought I was carrying over some hidden formatting by cutting/pasting articles, so I began cutting/pasting in plain text in a Word doc, then pasting that--also in plain text--into the template with the same outcome. Nothing appears different in editor view or on other devices so I can't find the root of the problem to fix it. 

Our newsletter is a monthly digest of over approximately 50 pieces of content, so typing everything in the editor is not a feasible solution. Any ideas? 

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Formatting issues in mobile - not visible in editor

Hi @EmilyS5911 

I apologize you're having this experience with your text! You are correct, copying and pasting from outside sources can sometimes carrying over problematic formatting. In fact I was able to replicate this same experience you are describing. This change in font formatting is something we are still troubleshooting. Because of this, we would like to know which mobile device are you using? Also what is the email client you are using as well (default mail app, Gmail, etc.)?

As a workaround  we suggest clicking and dragging a new text block from the Build Tab of your campaign. Once you have added this new block, you then copy and past the effected text into this block instead. Doing this allows the text to remain the default size. You can see this change in the Support Copy of the most recent campaign in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Frankie. We seem to have the issue primarily on iPhones, in our default Outlook email. On Android devices, the newsletter appears exactly as it does on a desktop - not in the stacked, mobile view. 

Tags (2)

Hi @EmilyS5911 

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help give some insight on this experience. I have also added these details you've shared to the ticket we have created in your account. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.