cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIDDEN IMAGES APPEARING WHEN SENT BUT NOT IN EDITOR OR PREVIEW

HIDDEN IMAGES APPEARING WHEN SENT BUT NOT IN EDITOR OR PREVIEW

We have a major problem with an email that needs to go out today and would be very time consuming to recreate.  Basically, when we sent a test email, there are two images that appear in the email that are not visible in the editor or the preview.  So we have no way to delete them since they do not appear anywhere in the editor but they show up in actual sent emails totally ruining our campaign.

Please help with any ideas?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: HIDDEN IMAGES APPEARING WHEN SENT BUT NOT IN EDITOR OR PREVIEW

Hi @Jo-AnnF

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry you have encountered a problem with your email displaying images that aren't in the editor. I believe I should be able to isolate the problem and hopefully resolve for you as well, I just need a bit more information. I believe you also reached out via Twitter so you can reply to my questions there or you can email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the name of the email, a screenshot of the images that shouldn't be in the campaign, any other information you think may be helpful, as well as a reference to this post and I will take a look and see what we can do. In the meantime, you can also feel free to reach out to us here.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I am having the same problem. A  'phantom' image not seen in editor is seen in test email. I copy the email and delete elements one at a time and did test emails. I went all the way down to the footer and it is still showing up. It pushing down everthings -and when you click on it is has a link from an earlier email. I dont see it anywhere in the editor. Please help.

gph312@mac.com

CC phantom image.jpg

Hi @FaithB10 

Thank you for sharing these details along with your screenshot! It helps to understand exactly what you're experiencing. I have taken a look at your account and can see you have also spoken to our phone support about this as well. Although this support agent was able to assist, I want to make sure our answer is shared here in the Community as well.

This block displaying in your email client but not the editor is something we are continuing to troubleshoot. Was this email copied? Do you remember inserting this image at any time? If you do, did anything happen like the page reload while inserting it? A workaround we suggest is using a different browser to edit the email and remove the image. You can also move the content outside of the affected section into a new block and delete the entire affected section.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.