Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

Top Answer
Jared_M
CTCT Employee

Hello everyone,

Currently, in our Third Generation Editor we do not allow access to edit the HTML and have no immediate plans to do so. We want to provide our customers with the abilities to be able to use a user-friendly interface instead of having to rely on a code view to get their desired results. With all the feedback we have been collecting we are planning on making improvements to padding and adding some line spacing elements in the UI. I know this doesn’t solve all use cases, such as adding tables, but we will continue to make strides towards improving the editor.

I understand allowing HTML would increase the ability for more control of your content but it can also have a negative impact on your newsletter’s display in email clients.  If we provide access to HTML for every block, changing some of the default styles or content could break display when sent to an email client. Also being able to manually adjust width could have a negative effect. We have a team of amazing engineers constantly testing our templates in all email clients, so you can be certain your email displays consistently across the board. With that in mind, we want to make sure we make it easy to provide the best look and feel not only on the desktop but on mobile. With a majority of opens now leaning towards mobile over desktop we take that as a priority.

Please continue to let us know your thoughts on HTML and what exactly you're trying to do so even if we don't have HTML access we will be able to give you the tools to get your desired outcome.

Thanks,

Re: Editing HTML in third generation editor

Hi @CFGG_MarketingDept

You sure can add your feedback on this as well! So thank you for sharing this information here in the Community. Both having HTML access and the option to have multiple social media accounts connected are both feature requests I have tracked in your account. A workaround we suggest is inserting your desired social icons as images that can be linked to the correct URLs. Doing this will allow you to have separate social media accounts connected to your campaigns.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Html Template gives good CMS  support.

I'm another user upset about the loss of the HTML editor due to some of the same issues "Mark" mentions. I see that there's an option to create a new campaign with HTML, but I need to make edits to one I've already created. The inability to position the images in particular is a huge inconvenience.

Tags (3)
Occasional Visitor

3rd generation editor -- that is a joke.

CC now has a 1st generation editor that doesn't work.  Fonts don't change when commanded. At least in the old version you could go into HTML and change it.

It's probably time for me to find a new platform that works.

Advisor

I want to be able to write or alter all my own code directly.  I've used the Advanced Editor with you for 20 years. Can you please put the Advanced Editor back?

Tags (2)

Hi @hvhibiscus

Our Advanced Editor for custom code emails is still available! You can access this editor by clicking Create under the Campaigns tab of your account. You'll then get a pop-up where you have to select Email and click "Custom code" in the top right hand corner.

campaigns-tab-collapsed-folders-draft-emails-and-create-button-step12 (1).png

Select_a_Campaign_Email_Step3_NoCoupon (1).png

3ge-template-picker-standard-tab-custom-code-step4 (2).png

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

Ah!!!!! I couldn't find it anywhere! Thank you!!!!!!!!! Perfect!

Tags (2)

Hi @hvhibiscus

You're very welcome! I'm glad we could help point you in the right direction. Please reach out again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Frankie P.

We need to edit html in third generation blocks, this gives us the flexibility to do advanced integrations. Also, we prefer to edit the code over a WYSIWYG.

Tags (2)
Advisor

You can fully edit code in the new editor. It was my mistake! I write all my code from scratch for most of my newsletters, and it works just fine. 

Tags (2)